The 2021-2022 Portal Cup | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

The 2021-2022 Portal Cup

Don’t blame Benson one bit, he was underutilized this season (to put it mildly) and even though we changed OC, why wait?

I could care less about Benson but Adrian Cole was a baller and a big loss. He's starter as far as I'm concerned. That's terrible. We didnt miss a beat with him when Williams was always hurt.

I could care less about Benson but Adrian Cole was a baller and a big loss. He's starter as far as I'm concerned. That's sux.

Isn't he related to one of the coaches that got let go? He's also ironically local I think.

This is one of the few cases where I think a portal player could return. If the OC is the right guy, maybe Benson will return.

Many of these kids in the portal aren't going to find a new home. Not only will they lose the opportunity to play football in college but they also lose out on a free college education. This transfer portal was not well thought out. They need to go back and change the parameters for eligibility to transfer.

I’ve said this a bunch of times. It’s going to be a huge reality check for these players and they don’t know enough to realize it. Adults helped put them in this position by making a rule to benefit factory schools at the expensive of 90% of college players.

The portal is off the hook right now. Duke's top WR Jake Bobo (6-5 215 Mass) 74 catches for 794 yards just portaled. Maryland lost a 5 star freshman LB. Laundry list of former 5 and 4 star guys. TCU 5 star RB. Stanford 4 star DT. New Mexico 4 star OT. Washington 4* LB. GT 4* RB, Oklahoma 4* QB, Clemson 4* LB, Alabama 4* LB, Oklahoma 5* WR...this was just yesterday

This is like a Christmas list.

Nanny-state reaction. Kids should learn to think before acting. We let kids that age fight wars, drive cars, tanks, planes, smoke weed and cigarettes, have abortions, and all kinds of other things. They can figure out the best action to take, and learn from the consequences. Experience is the best teacher, and one of the things it will teach you that instant gratification is a disappointing temptress.

Privileged response IMO. Great for kids with family support where daddy will give them a job no matter how dumb of mistakes he’s made. Not so great for the kid with dad in jail and mom nowhere to be found.

couple dozen P5 kids hit the portal today.

BC starting safety Deon Jones,

Kentucky part time starting (and main backup) OT Nassir Warkins - grad transfer

Oklahoma WR Theo Wease. Former 5* WR who started every game in 2020 but missed 2021 with injury. 6-3 200.

Florida part time starting LB/DE Khris Bogle. 3 years 69 tackles 12.5 TFL

couple dozen P5 kids hit the portal today.

BC starting safety Deon Jones,

Kentucky part time starting (and main backup) OT Nassir Warkins - grad transfer

Oklahoma WR Theo Wease. Former 5* WR who started every game in 2020 but missed 2021 with injury. 6-3 200.

Florida part time starting LB/DE Khris Bogle. 3 years 69 tackles 12.5 TFL
We’ll take them all!

Does this count as Dino's second winning season if we can pull it off??

I don’t count Shear. Do they?

I believe Rivals counts Shear but I can't find a tracker on their website.

247Sports counts them both and has us at 13 right now.

Rivals had us at 10 this morning. They're either counting Shear or RTB, but not both.

No, you're notifying schools of your intent to leave. Kids finish out the semester (or they should) you can't be in bad academic standing. But if you hit the portal the school is under no obligation to take you back. You're under scholarship until the end of the semester because (in my experience) ship money is usually broken down by semester and you keep it unless you drop out of school or get booted, obvious reasons. Even if you quit the team you'd keep it until the end of the semester. IDK what you get for food money. My kids ship was just applied to the total bill (tuition, room/board).
Makes it crazy why kids would announce for the portal during the season. I wonder how this portal stuff affects who and how many freshman are recruited. Will programs evaluate developmental players differently - that is the kids a program could see it taking probably 2 years before seeing significant playing time? More or less redshirts?

Makes it crazy why kids would announce for the portal during the season. I wonder how this portal stuff affects who and how many freshman are recruited. Will programs evaluate developmental players differently - that is the kids a program could see it taking probably 2 years before seeing significant playing time? More or less redshirts?
It will definitely have an effect on the recruiting of both high school and Juco players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom