The powers that be are listening | Syracusefan.com

The powers that be are listening

Sounds decent enough but $7 a beer might keep me in Skytop

Very cool.

One thing SUAD can't do on its own without some support from higher up: prohibit scheduling conflicts. I got an e-mail from a student volunteer organization looking to co-sponsor an event near campus at noon on Saturday the 15th. I replied that I appreciated the initiative but that maybe the event would be better attended if they chose a different date. In her millenial-speak way ('I totally get what you're saying, but...') she said it's a mandatory event for the couple hundred students in this organization, so they're going forward with noon on the 15th.

I said thanks for the help but I'll be attending the Florida State game like any student with school spirit should be doing.

• Pregame concessions discounts of 50 percent for all fans beginning when gates open two hours prior to the game until 30 minutes prior to kickoff. Fans will receive a discount voucher upon entry into the Carrier Dome to present at the concession stand for the discount. Not applicable to alcoholic beverages. Discount will end at published kickoff time.
  • Syracuse University and ESF student discounts beginning at the 10-minute mark in the 3rd quarter and continuing to the end of the game. Purchases must be made with a SUpercard. Not applicable to alcoholic beverages.

These are great. Try to get people in their seats prior to kick off, and try and get students to stick around for the fourth quarter.

When does the band normally head in to the stadium? Seems to be a conflict of interest incentivizing concession discounts if people really would prefer to stay out and enjoy the quad's new festival atmosphere.

When does the band normally head in to the stadium? Seems to be a conflict of interest incentivizing concession discounts if people really would prefer to stay out and enjoy the quad's new festival atmosphere.

The band is in the Dome very early. Remember, they perform a pre-game show that begins a good half hour before kickoff. Before that they march over to the Dome from the Quad.

No one who likes watching the band on the Quad would ever not be able to make it to their seats with tons and tons of time to spare.

SU Football Game Day Express

Centro's 440 Game Day Express Shuttles operate from the Centro Transit Hub to and from the Carrier Dome for each SU Home Game. Shuttle service begins 90 minutes prior to kick-off and ends 60 minutes after the conclusion of each game.

Customers may board the Game Day Express Shuttle at Bay C19 at the Centro Transit Hub. Buses will pick up and drop off on Waverly Avenue near the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications.

Round-trip tickets may be purchased at the Centro Transit Hub Information Booth prior to boarding the bus. Tickets may also be purchased at Shaughnessy’s Irish Pub, which is conveniently located in the Marriott Syracuse Downtown on the corner of Harrison and Warren Streets.

Regular Centro fares apply and all valid Centro Ride Passes and Transfers will be accepted.

You'd think that Wildhack should be able to replicate some sort of SU version of College GameDay.

The band is in the Dome very early. Remember, they perform a pre-game show that begins a good half hour before kickoff. Before that they march over to the Dome from the Quad.

No one who likes watching the band on the Quad would ever not be able to make it to their seats with tons and tons of time to spare.

Scooch, curious how the band is doing numbers wise these days. I randomly ran by my local high school marching band practicing recently and it seemed to be like 1/4 the size it used to be 20 years ago.

I wonder how much longer some of the smallish northeastern private schools will be able to retain any semblance of a big time marching band.

SU Football Game Day Express

Centro's 440 Game Day Express Shuttles operate from the Centro Transit Hub to and from the Carrier Dome for each SU Home Game. Shuttle service begins 90 minutes prior to kick-off and ends 60 minutes after the conclusion of each game.

Customers may board the Game Day Express Shuttle at Bay C19 at the Centro Transit Hub. Buses will pick up and drop off on Waverly Avenue near the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications.

Round-trip tickets may be purchased at the Centro Transit Hub Information Booth prior to boarding the bus. Tickets may also be purchased at Shaughnessy’s Irish Pub, which is conveniently located in the Marriott Syracuse Downtown on the corner of Harrison and Warren Streets.

Regular Centro fares apply and all valid Centro Ride Passes and Transfers will be accepted.

They will also have routes from Great Northern Mall and Shoppingtown Wegmans in Dewitt that will head to the Dome with only a stop at the Transit Hub to pick up Shaughnessy's people.

Wildhack gets it. Winning helps, but it doesn't cure all. Even Alabama is seeing a drop in attendance (maybe they're spoiled?). He provided really good insight. If Syracuse University can figure out a way to lower concession prices like the Atlanta Falcons, they make money hand over fist.

Scooch, curious how the band is doing numbers wise these days. I randomly ran by my local high school marching band practicing recently and it seemed to be like 1/4 the size it used to be 20 years ago.

I wonder how much longer some of the smallish northeastern private schools will be able to retain any semblance of a big time marching band.
The SUMB fluxuates a lot in numbers, but they have consistently had an estimated 150 on the field every year. Band dorks are band dorks for life, and there's always interest for Upstate band kids to do it.

My alma mater's marching band is half the size it was when I was in it 15 years ago, even with a much better staff and better resources.

Wildhack gets it. Winning helps, but it doesn't cure all. Even Alabama is seeing a drop in attendance (maybe they're spoiled?). He provided really good insight. If Syracuse University can figure out a way to lower concession prices like the Atlanta Falcons, they make money hand over fist.
lol everyone on here makes this argument but all of these schools dont have noticeable drops in attendance. Cuse went from awful to god awful so its not apples to apples, people.

One thing that caught my attention is that students can now buy tickets for their guests in the student section.

Have to give Wildhack credit, he is trying some new things that should have an impact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom