The Sopranos | Syracusefan.com

The Sopranos

Pearl309

Hall of Fame
So not sure how into this show anyone is but I’m probably on my tenth re-watch now. The show is easily the best show I’ve ever seen. Not close. Seasons 3-6 especially. So many rewatchable moments.
Oh man where to start.

I definitely want to do this in fall/winter or even next spring. It’s been long enough.

Time to get reacquainted with the Jersey crew.

Believe it or not, I just finished the series. Waited a long time to watch it, why I have no idea. It was fantastic. Also was bascially my life growing up (except for the crime piece, but that was “around” in Utica at the time)

Really good edit of some of little Carmine’s greatest hits
What a great character and complete idiot

So not sure how into this show anyone is but I’m probably on my tenth re-watch now. The show is easily the best show I’ve ever seen. Not close. Seasons 3-6 especially. So many rewatchable moments.
Oh man where to start.
i'm partial to the early seasons. nancy marchand created one of the greatest villains in tv history.

it's why i believe that the rumored soprano's prequel - focusing on tony's father johnny & uncle junior in the 1960s - will stand or fall on the casting of livia soprano.

i'm partial to the early seasons. nancy marchand created one of the greatest villains in tv history.

it's why i believe that the rumored soprano's prequel - focusing on tony's father johnny & uncle junior in the 1960s - will stand or fall on the casting of livia soprano.
She really was so friggin good in that role. I still can’t believe they cgi’d her face in her final scene. Cringe worthy.
Season 2 and 3 seem almost identical in story which was disappointing to me. New wild card character (Richie & Ralph), young dumb kid who gets in over his head (bevilaqua & jackie jr)
I remember reading somewhere they had an original plan to have tony’s Mother testify against him, but sadly she didn’t have enough time left

I’ve only watched the whole series once. Enjoyed it, but not sure I want to watch it all again. I think I started to, but didn’t get real far. Might’ve stopped after season 1. I have revisited the Pine Barrens episode probably 4-5 times. Super entertaining and good for stand alone viewing. I’ve also gone back to the one where Tony takes Meadow on a college visit a couple times, as well as the Lake George episode.

I’ve only watched the whole series once. Enjoyed it, but not sure I want to watch it all again. I think I started to, but didn’t get real far. Might’ve stopped after season 1. I have revisited the Pine Barrens episode probably 4-5 times. Super entertaining and good for stand alone viewing. I’ve also gone back to the one where Tony takes Meadow on a college visit a couple times, as well as the Lake George episode.
Those three episodes are easily some of the best standalone episodes of the series. Think almost any episode could bee viewed and appreciated on a stand alone basis. With the definite exception of the Columbus Day parade episode.
So many great characters with great lines. My personal favorite is Artie preparing to confront the French dude
Then proceeds to get the crap kicked out of him
If my obsession seems irrational, check out these maniacs on this forum : r/thesopranos
Ten years later still debating who started the war with NY and trying to determine how old janice’s Estranged son is. Lol

Those three episodes are easily some of the best standalone episodes of the series. Think almost any episode could bee viewed and appreciated on a stand alone basis. With the definite exception of the Columbus Day parade episode.
So many great characters with great lines. My personal favorite is Artie preparing to confront the French dude
Then proceeds to get the crap kicked out of him
If my obsession seems irrational, check out these maniacs on this forum : r/thesopranos
Ten years later still debating who started the war with NY and trying to determine how old janice’s Estranged son is. Lol

Lol. Was that when he got his earring ripped out of his ear? Or was that another fight? Artie was always taking L’s.

Lol. Was that when he got his earring ripped out of his ear? Or was that another fight? Artie was always taking L’s.
Haha yes this was immediately before he gets that dumb earring ripped out. Dude could not catch a break. Was one of the only characters who played life by the rules too.
To sum up Artie’s character with another one of his classic lines “I don’t just hate this man... I hate all men.”

I have to add that I just thought of the Sopranos earlier when I went into a sporting goods store looking for an air mattress for camping and when I saw a tent set up, for some reason I thought of the episode where the sporting goods store owner was sleeping in the tent in his store after getting deep into debt with Tony.

I have to add that I just thought of the Sopranos earlier when I went into a sporting goods store looking for an air mattress for camping and when I saw a tent set up, for some reason I thought of the episode where the sporting goods store owner was sleeping in the tent in his store after getting deep into debt with Tony.
Lol I forgot about that

That show is still good, it is up there with Breaking Bad, Dexter seasons 1-4

Hate to say it, but I always found Marchand's accent distracting.

I re-watched once in order to introduce the series to my wife (she went into labor with our second during a binge), but I doubt I'll ever watch it again. The ending is that bad.

I re-watched once in order to introduce the series to my wife (she went into labor with our second during a binge), but I doubt I'll ever watch it again. The ending is that bad.
I love the final scene and understand why people don’t like it, but I also admit that on my countless rewatches, I omit the finale

I love the final scene and understand why people don’t like it, but I also admit that on my countless rewatches, I omit the finale
Sounds like more of a love/hate relationship.

I feel like endings to shows that are that major are usually controversial though. The Seinfeld ending was widely hated(I loved it), Breaking Bad’s was mixed(I also loved it). LOST’s was controversial(I never made it that far, I grew to hate that show). Mad Men, lots of debate and kindve mixed response.

'The Shield' absolutely stuck it's landing: the final scene was flawless IMO. 'Breaking Bad' perhaps veered too far into deus ex machina gun territory, but the final scene was still very well done; in toto the final episode was masterful.

She really was so friggin good in that role. I still can’t believe they cgi’d her face in her final scene. Cringe worthy.

wow i never realized that

'The Shield' absolutely stuck it's landing: the final scene was flawless IMO. 'Breaking Bad' perhaps veered too far into deus ex machina gun territory, but the final scene was still very well done; in toto the final episode was masterful.

the Shield was really an outstanding show -- very groundbreaking in terms of shock value. Not sure that it will hold up -- lots of shows have surpassed the boundaries that this show initially broke -- but at the time some of the things the Strike Team did were unprecedented.

I felt like every season was frenetic, and sometimes wrapped up a little too "neatly" for things to work out for Vic and company, but the ending [for all concerned -- Lem, Shane, Ronnie going to jail, etc.].

And of course, Vic's ending was satisfying and poignant [I was surprised that he lived, frankly].

Last edited:
The shield had the best finale of any show I’ve seen hands down.

Yeah, seasons 1 and 2 are my favorite. The Livia smirk scene in the season 1 finale is chilling.

I loved the whole series, but those 2 seasons are what I re-watch the most.

Some of the character adds in later seasons are also great, Ralph Cifaretto probably being my favorite. He had the greatest ending.

Yeah, seasons 1 and 2 are my favorite. The Livia smirk scene in the season 1 finale is chilling.

I loved the whole series, but those 2 seasons are what I re-watch the most.

Some of the character adds in later seasons are also great, Ralph Cifaretto probably being my favorite. He had the greatest ending.
1533757348511.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom