But the Steve goes to: The Silence of the Lambs

Sorry for the wrong year in the title. :oops:

The Silence of the Lambs.. really good

class action.. gene hackman at his best

doc hollywood... my wifes all time favorite
culry sue. jim belushi has done some nice work

terminator 2

beauty and the beast
double impact.. jean claude needs one on these lists somewhere.

fried green tomatoes
robing hood prince of thieves

backdraft
the fisher king
my girl

city clickers

hot shots

the commitments. i thought this would be your number 1..

father of the bride

richochet.. denzel is getting on a roll now

the five heartbeats.. dont know why buy i love this music genre

only the lonely.. john candy still has it

1991 in film - Wikipedia

I really liked:
The Addams Family
Backdraft
Barton Fink
Billy Bathgate
Bugsy
Cape Fear
City Slickers
Career Opportunities
Doc Hollywood
The Fisher King
Fried Green Tomatoes
L.A. Story
The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear
Other People's Money
The Prince of Tides
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
The Rocketeer
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Talent for the Game

But the Steve goes to: The Silence of the Lambs

Doc Hollywood...Fat Pat was in that movie.

OK, SWC, you've piqued my curiosity: you're both a film buff and a history buff. But no JFK? Gotta be a story here.

I wasn't really thinking of that one as the best of the year, but I'm hard-pressed to pick another over it.

The Addams Family deserves special praise as a movie that's way wittier than that kind of light quasi-kids movie needs to be. Well-written and well-cast. City Slickers and Father of the Bride are also solid comedies (and the latter really outshines the Spencer Tracy original, though that's a nice movie in its own right and I'm a big Tracy fan).

I've heard good things about Life Stinks, though I never saw it. On the flip side, I did see Other People's Money and it seems that I'm the only person on the planet who wasn't that impressed.

the people I know cant stand JFK because of the phony accents.. i thought it was fine though

the people I know cant stand JFK because of the phony accents.. i thought it was fine though

Your guy John Candy is one of the less severe offenders there (his 'you as crazy as yo mama' line has me grinning just thinking about it). There are some bad attempts in there, no doubt.

OK, SWC, you've piqued my curiosity: you're both a film buff and a history buff. But no JFK? Gotta be a story here.

I wasn't really thinking of that one as the best of the year, but I'm hard-pressed to pick another over it.

The Addams Family deserves special praise as a movie that's way wittier than that kind of light quasi-kids movie needs to be. Well-written and well-cast. City Slickers and Father of the Bride are also solid comedies (and the latter really outshines the Spencer Tracy original, though that's a nice movie in its own right and I'm a big Tracy fan).

I've heard good things about Life Stinks, though I never saw it. On the flip side, I did see Other People's Money and it seems that I'm the only person on the planet who wasn't that impressed.

I never saw it. I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories and have mixed feeling at best about Oliver Stone.

I never saw it. I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories and have mixed feeling at best about Oliver Stone.

Huh. Give it a try; if nothing else it's got an engaging pace and a terrific cast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom