Phenomenon
Ransom
Eraser
Executive decision
Michael
Broken Arrow

Down Periscope .. Lauren Holly..

Fly Away Home

Swingers is simultaneously overrated (by college kids who quote it incessantly, or did 15 years ago) and underrated (by its exclusion from this thread).

The Birdcage was very funny.

13-year-old OttoMets thought Independence Day was the best movie in the history of cinema. Haven't seen it since, but I'm willing to bet that that take wouldn't hold up.

Don't Be A Menace... is hilarious.

The Substitute epitomizes cheesy 1990s hero/villain stories and shouldn't get lost in the shuffle. Dumb movie, but still.

Also, about The English Patient:
seinfeld-english-patient.gif

13-year-old OttoMets thought Independence Day was the best movie in the history of cinema. Haven't seen it since, but I'm willing to bet that that take wouldn't hold up.
Give it a spin. It holds up, IMO. Love it.

Give it a spin. It holds up, IMO. Love it.

It's one of those movies I've probably watched too much. Blockbuster entertainment. But it also probably has some of the more entertaining 'that could never happen' moments. I mean, I only wish I could sober up as quickly as Randy Quaid and Jeff Goldblum did. Or be the smartest stripper in LA who managed to get her son and dog into the one safe space in a tunnel while everyone else died. Or get from Manhattan to the White House by car in 3 hours during a global crisis. Or take down an alien empire with an Apple Powerbook. I could go on. But I won't.

Still, I did enjoy it.

You'd be surprised.

The presidents speech is just as epic as when I saw it in the theater.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom