breakdown
conspiracy theory
the peacemaker
fools rush in
murder at 1600
picture perfect
prefontaine.. such a talent
tommorrow never dies

Same - I've sat through Titanic once and that was more than enough. It's not bad, but not spectacular, either.

Good lists, the both of youse.

L.A. Confidential, Good Will Hunting, and As Good as It Gets are all excellent. Amistad was also well done. Same with Wag the Dog. This is a good year.

I'm a big fan of Jackie Brown and can't understand why it doesn't get the love Pulp Fiction and the Kill Bills do. Same deal for Chasing Amy when compared to Clerks and Dogma - it's a solid movie and seems to get overlooked. Though a lot of people have come to mock Kevin Smith in recent years and I don't know what that's about.

Gridlock'd has some cheesy action scenes, but the dialogue is fantastic and Tupac was a pretty talented actor. And Tim Roth and Thandie Newton are obviously both terrific.

Might sound silly, but Austin Powers was a pretty clever parody. Not just a dumb SNL comedy movie.

I get the Prefontaine movies mixed up, but they're both good stories. I think I prefer the Donald Southerland/Bill Bowerman one, whichever that is.

Jay and Silent bob showing up on Flash the last episode was a classic flashback.. must have been before Smiths heart issues?

this is the Leto version with the late RL Ermey as Bowerman

SWC wins 1997 because of upper including The Lost World. It wasn't Caddyshack 2, but what a terrible sequel. I read that book, which was pretty good. And while I realize movies often don't = books, I think about 1% of the book made it into the movie.

I like Titanic. But it could have been about 45 minutes shorter. Thought they did a great job portraying the class differences among the passengers, as well as the horror of the sinking ship (spoiler alert).

LA Confidential is probably my favorite of that year.