The students - they’re baaaaaack! | Syracusefan.com

The students - they’re baaaaaack!

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
So obviously, that was a fun game last night! But what made it even more fun was that a lot of students were there, and they cheered the entire game. They were into it! They had big faces and other signs and brought a ton of energy into the Dome. They yelled wildly for all of our players, but especially JBA, whom they urged to take a three that was a disaster but hilarious. He did not get Boeheimed after that, which was amazing in itself. They love Paddy.

It must have been so heartening for our players to get this reception after that long cold empty Covid season. I haven't listened to their press conferences yet, and hope they mentioned the crowd. The last few years we haven't been very good, and the students were fairly tepid. This year feels different. We are not taking one game for granted and I believe our crowd will be the sixth man all year long.

I had a nice/funny email exchange with Pete Sala. The people with whom SU contracts to install the stadium seats do not want to install the bball seats until football is over. My daughter and I brought cushions to the two exhibition games, but our backs really ached afterwards. So I wrote to Pete last week, telling him about our "baking acks," and mentioning that I am a 71 year-old woman with osteoporosis and arthritis. When we arrived last night, the seats were installed. I sent him the photo below with THANK YOU! I meant it, too.

0BFC86E0-355E-45C9-9B1B-85276B8F0480.jpeg

So obviously, that was a fun game last night! But what made it even more fun was that a lot of students were there, and they cheered the entire game. They were into it! They had big faces and other signs and brought a ton of energy into the Dome. They yelled wildly for all of our players, but especially JBA, whom they urged to take a three that was a disaster but hilarious. He did not get Boeheimed after that, which was amazing in itself. They love Paddy.

It must have been so heartening for our players to get this reception after that long cold empty Covid season. I haven't listened to their press conferences yet, and hope they mentioned the crowd. The last few years we haven't been very good, and the students were fairly tepid. This year feels different. We are not taking one game for granted and I believe our crowd will be the sixth man all year long.

I had a nice/funny email exchange with Pete Sala. The people with whom SU contracts to install the stadium seats do not want to install the bball seats until football is over. My daughter and I brought cushions to the two exhibition games, but our backs really ached afterwards. So I wrote to Pete last week, telling him about our "baking acks," and mentioning that I am a 71 year-old woman with osteoporosis and arthritis. When we arrived last night, the seats were installed. I sent him the photo below with THANK YOU! I meant it, too.

View attachment 210462
Nice post.

The students were great. Including my goddaughter/niece, who was in the front row cheering her heart out! Best student section at least since 2003 (Rasta dude). It might be the best student section in the history of the dome.

That needs to be proven through the gauntlet of home games first though.

Sour Sitrus even learned a few new songs.

I am disappointed they dropped "Main Squeeze" from their playlist.

For almost 40 years it was their opening staple, now it's gone. :(

Nice post.

The students were great. Including my goddaughter/niece, who was in the front row cheering her heart out! Best student section at least since 2003 (Rasta dude). It might be the best student section in the history of the dome.

That needs to be proven through the gauntlet of home games first though.
The 2009/10 students section was also awesome.

Students need to have seats around the court. They’re bringing it this year, both sports.
Yeah but they’d have to fight to the death with the season ticket holders. Now, the students are younger and would clearly win most of the fights, but the mayhem and certain death would cast a pall over our season.

So, I don’t know. :rolleyes:

Yeah but they’d have to fight to the death with the season ticket holders. Now, the students are younger and would clearly win most of the fights, but the mayhem and certain death would cast a pall over our season.

So, I don’t know. :rolleyes:
My office would enjoy the Probate boon. :)

Students need to have seats around the court. They’re bringing it this year, both sports.

They used to have the sections across from the bench in the bleachers. They never showed up so SU moved them and put those seats to good use and $$$. They did it to themselves. Now it would be next to impossible to move all those season tickets holders to comparable seats.

They used to have the sections across from the bench in the bleachers. They never showed up so SU moved them and put those seats to good use and $$$. They did it to themselves. Now it would be next to impossible to move all those season tickets holders to comparable seats.

Sec 124-125. I used to sit 8-10 rows up midcourt. Of course, I camped out for days.

Move the bleachers back 5-10 feet, push everyone up a few rows, and make a GA area between the bleachers and the aisle. That would be nuts. Players would love it I'm sure.

I don’t disagree, but it would be nice to see the kids causing a ruckus around the court.

The box score says the attendance was over 19K. No TV for me so I'm asking those that were there is that realistic or perhaps just how many tickets were sold?

The box score says the attendance was over 19K. No TV for me so I'm asking those that were there is that realistic or perhaps just how many tickets were sold?

Tix sold

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom