The SU women just beat #6 UNC | Syracusefan.com

The SU women just beat #6 UNC

No reason this team should have gotten blown out like they did vs Duke. We have some very good players. Did we zone Carolina? I thought zoning Duke was a bad idea. We needed to be all over them.

PeteCalvin said:
No reason this team should have gotten blown out like they did vs Duke. We have some very good players. Did we zone Carolina? I thought zoning Duke was a bad idea. We needed to be all over them.

They trapped and forced about 18 second half turnovers (unc had 29 for the game). They also made shots

They just took it one game at a time and gave all glory to God, for which none of this would be possible.

I always wonder what God is doing when teams and players lose or play bad?

They just took it one game at a time and gave all glory to God, for which none of this would be possible.

Kept their composure. Athletes (Melo) loves that word! :) big word...

jr4750 said:
Kept their composure. Athletes (Melo) loves that word! :) big word...

They played crazy ball the last minute. And that's not a compliment.

Outstanding win for the ladies.
Big game for the program, beating a top ten team on the road is a huge step for this team. They have been playing like a top 10 team for the last couple of weeks. Hope they can continue it into February and March.

Sykes, Day, Ford, Coffey, Leary, Peterson are all solid but Banks is the key to this team. Great passer, good dribbler, excellent in the paint and she is also the best outside shooter on the team. Can do it all; kind of a Magic Johnson for women's basketball.

Like seeing our kids, mostly from the Northeast, out tough these athletic but #softnosed Southern girls.

#SUwomenshoops #girlballers #hardnosed

they can now say " Who's your Mama "

Along with " Who's your Daddy"

It's a young team as well. Butler and Sykes are both sophomores, the Days and Peterson are frosh. We lose Coffey and Leary next year. Frosh Peterson will replace Coffey, but we need another big like Leary.

Not sure who Q has coming in next year.

Cheers,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors