The Syracuse "Dunk Tape" | Syracusefan.com

The Syracuse "Dunk Tape"

If only those teams could shoot the ball from outside, they would have never lost.

Those teams are what made me a SU fan! I was between 12-15 in those years and they were just as big of the reason I chose SU as the academic were....Football was great then too!

If only those teams could shoot the ball from outside, they would have never lost.

I agree and I believe JB has tweaked his recruiting to get more shooting on the team especially at the forward spots.

What a trip down memory lane! I was a beginner SU fan back then, and didn't see this team play live. Looks like the crowds were quite lively back then! And Dick Vitale? He loooooved us! Who put this together?

Great find. That is awesome. Indiana, Kentucky, and Duke at their pinnacle are featured victims in that compilation.

That Indiana game in the preseason NIT was probably my favorite game from a highlight standpoint, it looked like the Harlem Globetrotters vs. the Washington Generals. Watching that video makes you remember and appreciate how talented those squads in the late 80's and early 90's were, DC's power down low, Stevie's talents in the open court and Sherm's amazing passing. Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are all the rage now but "Lob City" was established 25 years ago in upstate New York.

Roe shot 41% from 3 as a Soph. and 48% as a Jr. One of the great disappointments was not seeing what he might have done as a Sr. Roe also had driving ability which he went to when overplayed on the perimeter. The General was a respectable 37% as a Sr. from 3.

That was awesome. Sherman was flat out sick.

Roe shot 41% from 3 as a Soph. and 48% as a Jr. One of the great disappointments was not seeing what he might have done as a Sr. Roe also had driving ability which he went to when overplayed on the perimeter. The General was a respectable 37% as a Sr. from 3.
I have never heard Matt Roe address why he left. There have been rumors and speculation but never the words from his mouth as far as I know.

Would have been nice if they had spelled Harried's name correctly in the credits. Great tape though.

DC's dunk against Georgetown at the 3:00 mark is not only one of my favorite dunks of all time but one of my favorite SU plays ever. Awesome! At a time when you could cut the tension with a knife.

Yes! That was the one and only time I have been to G'town to see a game and all these years later I can still see that dunk in my dreams. As good as it looks on tape it was even more explosive in person.

I have never heard Matt Roe address why he left. There have been rumors and speculation but never the words from his mouth as far as I know.
I know the rumor, but I don't know if it is true.

What a trip down memory lane! I was a beginner SU fan back then, and didn't see this team play live. Looks like the crowds were quite lively back then! And Dick Vitale? He loooooved us! Who put this together?

AWESOME stuff! I was a little too young (32 now) to process and remember all of those gems and freakish lob city stuff. Vitale sounds like he's having a heart attack!

carmelo and his crew brought home the crown but truly coleman/thompson/owens et.al was our best squad ever.

Besides wondering how anyone stopped this team, I thought Stevie Thompson would have made a hell of a wide receiver in football. Fast and tall (for a wideout) and could jump out of the building.

This is when my blood turned Orange period...
No doubt about it , I have been Orange for 48 years , I went to a bunch of those games and will never forget the atmosphere ! just awsome . I go see a game now and the crowd is dead . Ahh , the good old days !!! Thanks OE for the memories .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom