The Thing About JB | Syracusefan.com

The Thing About JB

kuethstheman

All Conference
When his teams are inadequate offensively, they look like they either don't practice or do so without any coaches.

When his teams are inadequately defensively, they look like the zone cannot work. I mean, you could have the NBA all-defense team out there and it would still lose to any decent mid-major team. It just.cannot.work. The game has passed him by.

I don't follow any other teams so closely but I wonder if there are any others that are able to come together like JB's teams often do. How many go from hopeless to dangerous, in the last few weeks of the season.

So we ask ourselves if we have faith that it will happen, in any given year as the losses add up. Meanwhile, he's sticking to his process in the face of numerous embarrassing performances.

So here's where I come out. When questioned, from here on out, I say:
  • Mediocre roster = Sweet Sixteen
  • Trust the process
  • God I hope he doesn't retire
But I'm as perplexed as any SU fan, ever.

I can‘t imagine what it’s like being the age these kids are and trying to learn what JB and his staff are teaching. I wouldn’t be ready for it, my attitude would have gotten in the way. Im sure personal maturity plays a role in whether we gel at any time of the year. Thats one of those things the average fan doesn’t get to see during the game.

And no one on our roster was ranked in the top 100 recruits nationally.
Well...
1616395961023.png
1616396013355.png

1616396218954.png

But I get where you're coming from. One guy barely making it still doesn't make this this same roster we had historically, for sure.

Give JB credit he lived up to his promise to Alan Griffin in the regular season but postseason time he has basically said defense matters more and I will play Braswell who is better and don’t care about promises.

He has played a steady 8 man rotation and played whoever has been the best at any position.

Jesse and Braswell have made this team a solid overall club and Buddy has turned into Kyle Korver.

I can‘t imagine what it’s like being the age these kids are and trying to learn what JB and his staff are teaching. I wouldn’t be ready for it, my attitude would have gotten in the way. Im sure personal maturity plays a role in whether we gel at any time of the year. Thats one of those things the average fan doesn’t get to see during the game.

Please translate. :cool:

And no one on our roster was ranked in the top 100 recruits nationally.
Kadary was. Quincy was with some recruiting services like 247. But yea, this is not a team of highly rated guys.

Please translate. :cool:
For an example look at our improvements in offensive efficiency at the end of the year. Likewise with defense (I don’t know numbers there it just looks like teams are having to take a long time to get shots off, not ideal shots either). That’s two examples. I’d say both are signs of a team getting a concept as a team and applying it. Gel.

We have always had odd results that are hard to understand. In 1988-89, we had Sherm, Stevie, Coleman and Owens and went 10-6 in conference!! What the heck?

We have always had odd results that are hard to understand. In 1988-89, we had Sherm, Stevie, Coleman and Owens and went 10-6 in conference!! What the heck?
I think that was the team about which an ESPN commentator (Vitale?) said there weren't enough basketballs for that line-up.

I think that was the team about which an ESPN commentator (Vitale?) said there weren't enough basketballs for that line-up.
also, Sherm had a badly sprained ankle and missed some games. I was at MSG against SJU when it happened, I thought I was going to have a stroke, he was carried off by two teammates, it looked really bad, like could be season ending bad, but fortunately it wasn't.

Boeheim just needs to start taking more advice from the fan base. Didn't the team start playing better when Richmond, Braswell and Edwards started getting minutes?.....Pat's team! :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom