The thing i don't get... | Syracusefan.com

The thing i don't get...

A Clockwork Orange

2022 Cali Winner (Overall Record)
Every preseason prognosticator lists Pitt and WVU as the favorites in the league. I agree that they probably will end the season in the top spots. What I wonder though is how every person never says anything about both coaches being new, installing new offenses, etc... and the growing pains that always come with that. They act like the transition will be seamless for the two teams and there won't be any drop off at all.

IS this because the Big East is perceived as so weak that these coaches will come in and dominate? It also irritates me that they look at things in such a linear fashion. For example, since Delone Carter left, we're doomed. There's no room for other players getting better? College sports aren't linear... players make huge leaps, and break out each year. But most of the season previews don't even try to predict that. It's just "this is how it was last year, that's how it's going to be all the time." It's pretty irritating. The ESPNU Big East preview show is a perfect example of idiots who looked at schedules and rosters and made their observations with absolutely no in-depth predictions.

Hopefully SU can prove them all wrong, yet again.

I haven't seen many prognosticators listing Pitt as a favorite. It's been WVU by far, then USF. I don't think any one would think we are favorites to win the conference, even our own fans. I'd love to see us pull it off, but everything's uncertainty. Fact of the matter is BE teams didn't score many points last year, and Graham and Holgorson both bring in high powered offenses. That makes them dangerous, and definitely makes WVU favorites.

I haven't seen many prognosticators listing Pitt as a favorite. It's been WVU by far, then USF. I don't think any one would think we are favorites to win the conference, even our own fans. I'd love to see us pull it off, but everything's uncertainty. Fact of the matter is BE teams didn't score many points last year, and Graham and Holgorson both bring in high powered offenses. That makes them dangerous, and definitely makes WVU favorites.
I don't think we'll win the conference for the record. I'm just surprised that so many have Pitt and WVU as not suffering from any growing pains with new coaches. It's tough to change a system without at least a small hiccup.

I've actually seen quite a few places that has Pitt #2 after WVU this year. While I think both teams will end up high in the rankings, I don't think they'll be quite as dominant as the morons on the ESPNU show made them out to be.

Oh I agree, I think WVU will drop an easy one early, but recover and claim the BCS bid for the Big East. They might be Big East dominant, and go 7-0 in conference, but I doubt it. I like the way we match up with them, especially our speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom