The Three "Take" Fouls at the End.... | Syracusefan.com

The Three "Take" Fouls at the End....

newmexicuse

All Conference
Just awful coaching on those. Used up all three fouls and only got 2 to 3 secs off the clock. ND guys were just standing there with the ball when we fouled. No reason to foul until the ball started to move. Could have let a lot more time come off the clock. We ended up having to defend for 7 seconds, guys did a great job on that last ND possession, but most of those 7 secs should have been unnecessary.

Just awful coaching on those. Used up all three fouls and only got 2 to 3 secs off the clock. ND guys were just standing there with the ball when we fouled. No reason to foul until the ball started to move. Could have let a lot more time come off the clock. We ended up having to defend for 7 seconds, guys did a great job on that last ND possession, but most of those 7 secs should have been unnecessary.
Interesting that you would blame that on coaching. I mean, I didn't notice that JB had a remote control in his hands.

Interesting that young players who spend most of their time doing individual drills with “trainers” and running up and down pressing and barreling to the hole in AAU ball have zero idea how to play situations.

Interesting that you would blame that on coaching. I mean, I didn't notice that JB had a remote control in his hands.
It sure looked to me like players were instructed to foul right after the inbound pass instead of being told to wait a couple of seconds or wait and foul the second player to touch the ball.

Very good point. We were literally reaching in on guys who had their back to the basket 35 feet away. I would hope that they would go over this in practice this coming week.

We have never been good about fouling late. I hope they actually practice those details. Just saying foul isn’t good enough. Anyone can foul, but you have to know when and what situations. It did help to get them out if rhythm. Seven second is not much time against the zone.

Thought same thing. Just dumb.

Thanks, Coach.

Let some time run down, THEN foul.

It’s endgame 101.

We keep failing a lot of hoops basics.
Which is a not great look for a team with a HOF coach.

Glad it didn’t bite us in the collective arse. This time.

Right nd isnt going to chuck it up immediately, at least let two seconds go off..

Also, getting to 6 means you risk a 1-1…

We could have used two fouls and gotten the clock down to 5 and been at 5 fouls…. Instead we gave three up to take off no time and got to 6. Just dumb stuff from JB…

I hope they practice this, down the road. This team has lots more important stuff to work on, at this point.

They should be first trying to deny the ball, a turnover is better than a foul. ND was out of timeouts. Then they should be trying to deflect or steal the ball on the inbound or the first pass. A steal wins the game. A deflection, even out of bounds takes time and gives us more chances to get steals. A deflection into the ND end is the end of the game. Then, if those efforts fail, you foul to delay the offense and give yourself another chance to get a steal.

Our guys were only trying to foul. Coaching all the way.

It looked like solid D by JBA.
oh it truly was...what I'm saying is I was waiting for the "home cooking".
Would have been one of those phantom contact calls...

Of course it’s coaching. Just like not getting the ball to mintz or a plan b with 11 seconds to go in a tie game. Both are really inexcusable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom