The Tommy to Trishton connection is real | Syracusefan.com

The Tommy to Trishton connection is real

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
We're starting to see the chemistry develop between our QB and lead WR. Pretty clear DeVito looks for Jackson, and Jackson makes plays for his QB.

Weird, fun fact about Jackson - he averages a TD reception a game while in a Syracuse uniform.

We're starting to see the chemistry develop between our QB and lead WR. Pretty clear DeVito looks for Jackson, and Jackson makes plays for his QB.

Weird, fun fact about Jackson - he averages a TD reception a game while in a Syracuse uniform.

Ok but you gotta rescind your foster to nfl talk, so i can believe in you again.

Not to be Debbie Downer, but he still dropped that wide-open touchdown pass in that other game (I don't remember which game). So, I need to see him do it in a few more games to show he is able to do it consistently and not just occasionally. "Consistently good, not occasionally great."

Not to be Debbie Downer, but he still dropped that wide-open touchdown pass in that other game (I don't remember which game). So, I need to see him do it in a few more games to show he is able to do it consistently and not just occasionally. "Consistently good, not occasionally great."

That was against Clemson, but the play wouldn't have counted, as there was a penalty against us

Hate playing the if game but ... if we had a custice man would it help Jackson even more and give us a red zone jumper ...
Custis helped our screen blocking but he never really struck me as a guy that would outjump. Always felt like he never really knew how to take advantage of his height. Otherwise he would have been drafted.

Hate playing the if game but ... if we had a custice man would it help Jackson even more and give us a red zone jumper ...

Amba Etta-Tawo, Brisley Estime, Ervin Phillips, Steve Ishmael, Jamal Custis; it's like we just get rid of our best players after 4 or 5 years...;)

Imagine if young Mr. Devito could have SU's all-time greats out there; Art Monk, Marvin Harrison, et. al.; Wowza!

Custis helped our screen blocking but he never really struck me as a guy that would outjump. Always felt like he never really knew how to take advantage of his height. Otherwise he would have been drafted.

I have a bad memory in general, but I remember some fantastic Custis catches. There was a great one-handed grab in the left flat that either was or lead to a TD and he had a lot of long, over-the-shoulder grabs down the right sideline.

And, as far as being drafted, he was paid $100,000 to go to the KC camp; that's pretty good all things considered.

Amba Etta-Tawo, Brisley Estime, Ervin Phillips, Steve Ishmael, Jamal Custis; it's like we just get rid of our best players after 4 or 5 years...;)

Imagine if young Mr. Devito could have SU's all-time greats out there; Art Monk, Marvin Harrison, et. al.; Wowza!

Last year it was looking like he just might have that all-tuner - with Taj.

We need Taj to get more involved moving forward -
Do have to give him props for that SICK one-handed snare, too bad he was out of bounds or that would have been a Top Ten highlight play for sure.

Last year it was looking like he just might have that all-tuner - with Taj.

We need Taj to get more involved moving forward -
Do have to give him props for that SICK one-handed snare, too bad he was out of bounds or that would have been a Top Ten highlight play for sure.

Taj was phenomenal last year; I don't know what was going on the first three games this year. Hope he's out of his funk.

Taj was phenomenal last year; I don't know what was going on the first three games this year. Hope he's out of his funk.
Hes physically outmatched often unfortunately and no longer has Pierce, butler or Custis making extra blocks for him

Hes physically outmatched often unfortunately and no longer has Pierce, butler or Custis making extra blocks for him

He’ll be ok and have his moments this season. But it might take a year to internalize this year’s lessons and devote himself to S&C. Plus, guys tend to fill out soon, even weird skinny guys.

He’ll be ok and have his moments this season. But it might take a year to internalize this year’s lessons and devote himself to S&C. Plus, guys tend to fill out soon, even weird skinny guys.

He’s not going to fill out that significantly. The S&C makes everyone 20% bigger, faster, and stronger myth doesn’t apply to everyone.

Play/route design will definitely be far more important to his game to game success then some of our previous WR’s. Still a fantastic player, his height and hands will help make up for some of the lack of physicality. Which is ok, he’s just a different player then some of our previous WR’s. I think as he improves his explosiveness he can be similar to a Randy moss type WR.