The Two Garrets | Syracusefan.com

The Two Garrets

Roger N

Beer: Ask your Doctor If It's Right For you
Enough cannot be said about the two Garrets. We saw it on the field. I want to give a special shout out to #8 Garrett Williams. He kept Louisville from scoring two touchdowns. First, in making up a lot of ground and catching the receiver at the three yard line. The defense held in a great goal line stand. One of the best I've ever see in person.

The second was in his interception. I felt it should have been on ESPN's top ten list.

The two Garrett's should both get game balls

Dmcnabbrules

All Conference
Enough cannot be said about the two Garrets. We saw it on the field. I want to give a special shout out to #8 Garrett Williams. He kept Louisville from scoring two touchdowns. First, in making up a lot of ground and catching the receiver at the three yard line. The defense held in a great goal line stand. One of the best I've ever see in person.

The second was in his interception. I felt it should have been on ESPN's top ten list.

Easy young men to cheer for too. Both guys leave it on the field every game.

orangefog

Voted "Best Looking Poster" 8 years in a row

That interception is a clear display of his combination of athleticism, intelligence and desire. He spotted that from 40 yards away and made it happen.

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Overlooked and one of the major reasons why Garrett Williams is so good is because he is super smart, his football IQ is off the charts. That was such a big time play he made to read that post and jump it for the INT was incredible. He went from cornerback to free safety on that play, being heady, just a natural IQ instinct to read it.

GoSU96

Living Legend
Overlooked and one of the major reasons why Garrett Williams is so good is because he is super smart, his football IQ is off the charts. That was such a big time play he made to read that post and jump it for the INT was incredible. He went from cornerback to free safety on that play, being heady, just a natural IQ instinct to read it.
And he is a fundamentally sound, willing, and hard hitting tackler. He might not have the top end speed that 1st rd guys do, but his all around game might be better than the show ponies that shy from contact.

wfschrec

Minister Of Defense
And he is a fundamentally sound, willing, and hard hitting tackler. He might not have the top end speed that 1st rd guys do, but his all around game might be better than the show ponies that shy from contact.
What I loved is how on more than one occasion he prevented significant YACs … the first one on a crossing route really stands out. The tackling was really solid for a first game out and GW was the epitome of that. How many times have busted or blown tackles against Louisville killed us? To me that was one of the big differences this time around, they tackled with purpose and malice.

OttoinGrotto

2020-21 Iggy Award Winner 3 Point Shooting %
He played QB in highschool.

Similar to how Steve Young played DB before QB and always said he thought it really helped him to understand the game from that perspective, it wouldn't surprise me if GW's QB experience really serves him well playing in the secondary.

David332

All Conference
Is this his last year or does he have another year of eligibility after this?

SuFTW

Starter
Is this his last year or does he have another year of eligibility after this?
Both.
Williams has two years of eligibility after this year, but will be going pro after this year. It’s his fourth year in the program but he is a redshirt sophomore. He used a redshirt his true freshman year and has the Covid year.

David332

All Conference
Both.
Williams has two years of eligibility after this year, but will be going pro after this year. It’s his fourth year in the program but he is a redshirt sophomore. He used a redshirt his true freshman year and has the Covid year.
How about Shrader?

Jake

Mod
That was the play Louisville ran against us last year and killed us. We were ready. Good coaching. Good player recognition.
Great result.

ECE '76

Walk On
That was the play Louisville ran against us last year and killed us. We were ready. Good coaching. Good player recognition.
Great result.
Thinking about this coaching staff on defense: "Addition by Subtraction".

They are going with one less assistant than last year, and so far they seem to have the defense better prepared.

ECE '76

Walk On
That interception is a clear display of his combination of athleticism, intelligence and desire. He spotted that from 40 yards away and made it happen.
A photo of Garrett Williams' interception should be hanging somewhere on the wall in the SU football complex.

1242930502.jpg

His interception makes up for the embarrassment of SU's defender being leaped by Lamar Jackson in the Dome, IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusenj

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom