The Uconn Military Appreciation Game Attendance Prediction Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

The Uconn Military Appreciation Game Attendance Prediction Thread

It was way less than 36K. You could see that on television. The product is affordable and finally entertaining. What more do they have to do?

36 for Uconn was a step in the right direction. Fact !

The 2nd quarter the attendance did not look bad at all. Unfortunately the students only show up for an hour or two. Most people left when the game was well out of uconns reach

It looked decent on tv... Wasn't as loud but that's probably because well uconn never rly had a chance.

It looked decent on tv... Wasn't as loud but that's probably because well uconn never rly had a chance.
Was loud in the first half. Uconn’s awful and we weren’t playing our A game. It was a fairly uninspiring game

I think by the end of the first half, there was a legit 36,000. Fair weather fans have a tendency to show up late. Dino has made multiple mentions of why it's important to be packed at kickoff, and then they offer half price concessions every game until half hour before kickoff. I'm pretty sure on has to do with the other.

It was way less than 36K. You could see that on television. The product is affordable and finally entertaining. What more do they have to do?

True, weird how more dense the attendance feels when you are there and then watch the replay and see just how sparse it was.

I was there, to be completely honest midway through the 2nd quarter i felt like it was a better crowd than FSU

I was there, to be completely honest midway through the 2nd quarter i felt like it was a better crowd than FSU

agreed for the 2nd quarter of the game it was a better crowd than fsu, but with the score the students had parties to attend in 2nd half and other fans had to leave early to beat traffic?

agreed for the 2nd quarter of the game it was a better crowd than fsu, but with the score the students had parties to attend in 2nd half and other fans had to leave early to beat traffic?
I complain more about student support than the old timers here complain about the jerseys.

I don't know, from watching on TV, the crowd was less than impressive. Just my humble $.02

Watching the UK vs. MSU game last night (in the rain to boot) those UK fans were out in numbers at that stadium and loud. UK is basketball school, or so they say, but you wouldn't think so last night. Additionally, watching that fan support in the Iowa vs Wisky game was incredible as well. A packed house, all decked out in sections in black and gold. Just spectacular to view on TV. Iowa, is no powerhouse either in football. It's somewhat humbling for sure...

fan support obviously brings back that popular topic... time of games, no way should a college game take longer than an nfl game which are usually over in just over 3 hours even adding in the extra time for halftime which is 8 mins longer in college

I used to be strongly against changing the rule about stopping the clock after 1st downs. Quite frankly, it was because we were always behind and that was the one way that provided at least the faintest hope of a comeback. But I'm okay with following the NFL on that now and keep the clock running. I see how game length can be an issue for those who attend the games.

I'd love to see everyone in their seats when the team comes out of the tunnel.

As for the length of the games, let's not ignore the cramps issue which stops the game...they wait and then go to a commercial.

I don't know, from watching on TV, the crowd was less than impressive. Just my humble $.02

Watching the UK vs. MSU game last night (in the rain to boot) those UK fans were out in numbers at that stadium and loud. UK is basketball school, or so they say, but you wouldn't think so last night. Additionally, watching that fan support in the Iowa vs Wisky game was incredible as well. A packed house, all decked out in sections in black and gold. Just spectacular to view on TV. Iowa, is no powerhouse either in football. It's somewhat humbling for sure...
To be fair, we were playing a hapless* UConn.

And to clarify, I mean hapless by *UConn* standards.

To be fair, we were playing a hapless* UConn.

And to clarify, I mean hapless by *UConn* standards.

With all due respect, it just appears to be more in the line of excuses.

Coming off a huge win against a perennial power in FSU at home (regardless if they're down this year) where we hadn't defeated them since 1966, and a home encounter to get us to 4-0 for the first time in nearly 3 decades, really should have been enough to get a packed house. Again, we are only talking about 48K and change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom