The Upside - BC II | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - BC II

SWC75

Bored Historian
- It was an entertaining game. But the fans of the winning team are a lot more entertained than the fans of the losing team. It was our tenth straight win over BC, although it’s getting tougher and tougher. We need to enjoy them while we can.

- I loved our passing in this game. It was creative and yet accurate. Assists don’t cover that: if the shooter has to make a move, it won’t count as an assist. BC was jacking up jumpers. We were lacing it through their defense. Look at the highlight film to see past the numbers.

- I also loved our ball-hawking. We had 7 steals, (and again, it seemed like more), plus 4 blocks. I’m amazed we had just 2 fast break points.

- Jesse Edwards had his best offensive game with 27 points on 12 for 15 shooting against a good big man. He only had 7 rebounds but blocked 4 shots, made a steal and had two assists, (it seemed like more).

- Judah Mintz had another fine game. He wasn’t out of control and he looked for his teammates. He scored 15 points, passed for 5 assists and stole the ball four times. It’s fun to see players like Jesse and Judah develop like a time-lapse video. It shows how hard those guys are working. (and it makes the fail to blossom of other players all the more frustrating).

- Justin Taylor hit three big threes and is now hitting 44% for the season. What does Chris Bell give you that Justin doesn’t?

- Joe Girard, after a couple of 7 point games, had 18 tonight. He still isn’t hitting his threes (1 for 6), but he hit 3 two pointers and was 9 for 9 from the line. He also had 4 assists and 6 rebounds, the same as Malik Brown and more than Williams, Bell and Taylor combined.

- Part of that was that BC missed 24 of 35 three pointers. Yes, they made 11 but shot only 31.4% and only got to the line 4 times to our 24. “Hey! What about the North Carolina game?” We attempted 18 threes in that game and 39 two point shots. Two point attempts draw the fouls.

- That qualifies as a ‘close out”: we scored 21 of the last 30 points.

14-10 (7-6 in conference) with 7+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

- It was an entertaining game. But the fans of the winning team are a lot more entertained than the fans of the losing team. It was our tenth straight win over BC, although it’s getting tougher and tougher. We need to enjoy them while we can.

- I loved our passing in this game. It was creative and yet accurate. Assists don’t cover that: if the shooter has to make a move, it won’t count as an assist. BC was jacking up jumpers. We were lacing it through their defense. Look at the highlight film to see past the numbers.

- I also loved our ball-hawking. We had 7 steals, (and again, it seemed like more), plus 4 blocks. I’m amazed we had just 2 fast break points.

- Jesse Edwards had his best offensive game with 27 points on 12 for 15 shooting against a good big man. He only had 7 rebounds but blocked 4 shots, made a steal and had two assists, (it seemed like more).

- Judah Mintz had another fine game. He wasn’t out of control and he looked for his teammates. He scored 15 points, passed for 5 assists and stole the ball four times. It’s fun to see players like Jesse and Judah develop like a time-lapse video. It shows how hard those guys are working. (and it makes the fail to blossom of other players all the more frustrating).

- Justin Taylor hit three big threes and is now hitting 44% for the season. What does Chris Bell give you that Justin doesn’t?

- Joe Girard, after a couple of 7 point games, had 18 tonight. He still isn’t hitting his threes (1 for 6), but he hit 3 two pointers and was 9 for 9 from the line. He also had 4 assists and 6 rebounds, the same as Malik Brown and more than Williams, Bell and Taylor combined.

- Part of that was that BC missed 24 of 35 three pointers. Yes, they made 11 but shot only 31.4% and only got to the line 4 times to our 24. “Hey! What about the North Carolina game?” We attempted 18 threes in that game and 39 two point shots. Two point attempts draw the fouls.

- That qualifies as a ‘close out”: we scored 21 of the last 30 points.

14-10 (7-6 in conference) with 7+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!
I always wonder why JG3 rebounds so well as a guard.

Justin Taylor hit three big threes and is now hitting 44% for the season. What does Chris Bell give you that Justin doesn’t?
I like this question. Perhaps someone should ask Jim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom