The Upside- Connecticut | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Connecticut

SWC75

Bored Historian
- With all the things that went wrong, (see “The Downside”), we only lost by 76-83. You give up 12 three pointers and get out-rebounded by 14, you expect to get blown out. Instead, the game was in doubt until they made their last two threes in the penultimate minute. We didn’t play well but we played for 40 minutes. That’s a good sign.

- Jalen Carey after being pulled with 3 turnovers in the first 3:34, came back to score 26 points, grab 7 rebounds and make 3 steals. We wouldn’t have been in the game without him. He has great speed and athletic ability. He just needs to harness his skills a little more to be a great player. He also needs to learn to get the ball to his teammates a bit more and protect the ball better.

- We weren’t going to go 31-0. Last year’s team lost 14 times and almost made the Elite 8. This year’s team isn’t going to lose 14 games and could go farther. This game will be a good teaching experience and we will win a bunch of other games because of the lessons learned here.

2-1 and with 28+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Shortest. Upside. Ever.

I'm not sure. I think there's been some shorter ones. I don't keep them and don't feel like going through the archive. Hopefully I'll have a longer one tonight and tomorrow night.

I hope this won't be a "Lost Weekend" in New York City for SU.

Lots of need for improvement, but the upside is the play of Hughes as well as Carey. We have more weapons and at least a little depth when Frank Howard returns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom