The Upside - Florida State | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Florida State

SWC75

Bored Historian
- I was a mighty effort to turn a 14-36 game into a 45-46 game against a team with multiple NBA-caliber players who were playing and shooting very well. I thought it was the best defense we had played all season and the best press we’d run in years. The loss was frustrating but you had to be proud of the team anyway.

- Tyus Battle was back ‘on’ after a poor shooting night against Pitt, scoring 23 points on 8 for 15 shooting, basically every shot with a hand in his face and other hands elsewhere.

- Oshae Brissett continued his return to form, following up an 18 point, 12 rebound performance against Pitt with 16p/12r in this game, all against bigger stronger players.

- Elijah Hughes missed some big shots early in the second half but still managed to reach 17 points, the most he’s scored since the Miami game. He makes us a different team when he’s filling it up.

- Marek Dolezaj battled all night against the trees. He didn’t score but he got 4 rebounds, a steal and a block and many loose balls. He recorded no assists but kept the ball moving and got it to the shooters all night.

- Buddy Boeheim seemed over-matched at times but came up with a couple of gems, dribbling around and aggressive defender for a two point shot. He got 3 rebounds, as assists and a steal while scoring 6 points. I thought he was very active on the press, as was Marek.

- I actually thought Paschal Chukwu played pretty well with 3 rebounds and 2 blocks and several altered shots in 18 minutes. His only problem was foul trouble.

- Spring is coming. The journey there is two steps forward, a step back, two more steps forward. So it is for this basketball team.

- Most SU fans weren’t very happy tonight. But the couple in front of me had a good time. They were both very attractive and they spent the whole game taking pictures of themselves with their phones, editing and photo shopping them and send them to their friends. They never reacted to anything happening on the court and I’m sure they had no idea what it said on the scoreboard when they got up to leave with 4 minutes to go. It must be lovely to be lovely.

16-7 (7-3) and with 8+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Last edited:
- I was a mighty effort to turn a 14-36 game into a 45-46 game against a team with multiple NBA-caliber players who were playing and shooting very well. I thought it was the best defense we had played all season and the best press we’d run in years. The loss was frustrating but you had to be proud of the team anyway.

- Tyus Battle was back ‘on’ after a poor shooting night against Pitt, scoring 23 points on 8 for 15 shooting, basically every shot with a hand in his face and other hands elsewhere.

- Oshae Brissett continued his return to form, following up an 18 point, 12 rebound performance against Pitt with 16p/12r in this game, all against bigger stronger players.

- Elijah Hughes missed some big shots early in the second half but still managed to reach 17 points, the most he’s scored since the Miami game. He makes us a different team when he’s filling it up.

- Marek Dolezaj battled all night against the trees. He didn’t score but he got 4 rebounds, a steal and a block and many loose balls. He recorded no assists but kept the ball moving and got it to the shooters all night.

- Buddy Boeheim seemed over-matched at times but came up with a couple of gems, dribbling around and aggressive defender for a two point shot. He got 3 rebounds, as assists and a steal while scoring 6 points. I thought he was very active on the press, as was Marek.

- I actually thought Paschal Chukwu played pretty well with 3 rebounds and 2 blocks and several altered shots in 18 minutes. His only problem was foul trouble.

- Most SU fans weren’t very happy tonight. But the couple in front of me had a good time. They were both very attractive and they spent the whole game taking pictures of themselves with their phones, editing and photo shopping them and send them to their friends. They never reacted to anything happing on the court and I’m sure they had no idea what it said on the scoreboard when they got up to leave with 4 minutes to go. It must be fun to be lovely.

16-7 (7-3) and with 8+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

You'e stuff is part of the reason I like this board so much, even if other boa.. Ok, I'll stop there if I know whats good for me ;) That last part was great. But hey, at least they(or whomever bought the tickets) put money in the coffers...see, I am looking more "upside" than you on that one ;) Would be great if someone could come up with a clever quip for them at some point...but I'm guessing the hordes will say they were the one isolated incident in all of the crowd.

Yes SWC, I'm not overjoyed, and seeing you say something in the "upside" half(it took me a moment to actually catch that) actually inspired me to be a bit more honest about my thoughts, regardless of what lied in store for me for doing so. I'd gladly by you a beverage or burger or whatever if you were here...KUDOS for adding something that caught me very offguard...which after years on here isnt easy to do.

If I am not being out of line, I would like to add a bit about Marek, something I noted in the game thread but nobody seemed to care to reply to or give a like. He was fighting hard as usual, takes a charge, and basically takes another while setting a screen, something he does fairly decently for someone of his stature. I really have come to appreciate the "little things" he adds at this point in his stay here. Things like setting screens, or being in the right spot to get a pass and then quickly make another, oft get overlooked by some fans. I was looking for some extra things to elevate my mood tonight, and for whatever reason, that's what stuck out...as well as your posts(but I expect that from you). Thanks again, especially for the part about the couple. I wont ask what I might elsewhere, but I hope youre on here for as long as I am, at least.

Good take. I haven't watched too many Florida State games, but they seemed to have brought their "A" game last night. Showed incredible hustle, poise, and shot the lights out early. They adjusted and handled our press really well in the second half. It felt like a total war in the second half when the score was close. Lots of scrapping. In the end, we can't win when the other team plays that well. Plus we had too many dumb turnovers, poor shooting stretches, defensive lapses. We showed we could hang but didn't do it as consistently

was that brooke burke and her daughter munching popcorn on press row next to jb ? block SU shirts and new SU hats. at least they stayed til the end. dome started bleeding out about the 6 minute mark and was hemoraging orange in the aisles by 4 minutes. what does this say to the team ? or to future recruits watching ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom