The Upside - Monmouth | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Monmouth

SWC75

Bored Historian
Note: I can only really comment on the second half, since I was mostly paying attention to the soccer game in the first half.

- Monmouth was up 48-49 with 15:46 left and I wondered: which would have bene the greater disaster: to lose to Indiana again for the national championship on a last second, (by definition) score or to have the basketball team lose to a 1-9 Monmouth team just when we thought we were having a season-saving winning streak? Fortunately, neither happened.

- The rest of the game was 38-22 and we could relax and enjoy winning the national championship.

- Jim Boeheim at halftime, said he had no idea what our forwards are doing out there.” Actually, the word “nothing” might summarize it for some. Benny Williams and John Bol Ajak had 2 points and 3 rebounds between them. But got going in the second half, scoring 11 points and grabbing 4 rebounds. We saw less of John Bol and more of Maliq Brown, who scored 11 with 7 rebs in 24 minutes. Experience is a good thing and I know this guy can play defense. He’s just so productive per minutes played that he ahs to be out there more than we’ve seen him. Benny and better keep hustling.

- Judah Mintz, in the last two games is 21 for 23 from the line. The 21 is most impressive but so is the 23. He’s scored 44 in those two games and that rate should continue as long as he can get to the line hit that percentage.

- We had five guys in double figures on a night when we weren’t playing particularly well.

- Monmouth had 3 guys on Jesse Edwards most of the time and they roughed him up every chance they got, (committing 26 fouls). But he still got a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds.

- Joe Girard had a solid game with 16 points, including 4 treys along with 3 assists, 2 rebs and a steal.

7-4 with 21+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

That was a short turn-around. Were the bigs tired?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom