The Upside - Stanford | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Stanford

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Just as Fran Brown is finding out that winning in Syracuse is going to be harder that winning at Georgia, we are finding out that the Fran Brown Era will contain some disappointing games, just as prior eras have. That doesn’t mean that the Fran Brown Era won’t be better than those prior eras. It needs to have more steps forward than steps back.

- Much will be made of the fact that we lost at home to a team predicted to finish last in the conference but Stanford is clearly a better team than they’ve been in recent years. I think they are on the way back and will surprise a lot of people. At least I hope they will.

- My overwhelming feeling at the end of that game was no embarrassment, panic or depression. My feeling was that I’d just seen a great college football game.
- Some of the most impressive plays come in imperfect performances and players and teams come together and find it inside them to make the plays to pull it out in the end. Syracuse did that – but Stanford did that, too.

- Kyle McCord was sacked 4 times and misfired on 15 passes, two of which wound up with the other team. But he still passed for 339 and 2 touchdowns and ran for a score, (which we didn’t think he could do), somersaulting into the end zone, Eric Dungey style. He led his team back for a ten point deficit to grab a 24-23 lead with 3:35 left on the clock and turned it over to a defense that turned the tide. It just wasn’t enough.

- Trebor Pena took advantage of the defensive attention Gadsden got to catch 10 games for 101 yards. He now has 22 catches for 267 yards and 4TDs in three games. Over 12 games, that’s 88/1,068/16.

- Umari Hatcher still lacks consistency but his 67 yard TD catch just before the half got us back in the game, numerically and emotionally. Nice push-off before the catch, too. (Hey, if you can get away with it!)

- Jackson Meeks dropped a pass with nothing but green between him and the goal line on our final drive. But he came back to catch the TD pass that gave us the lead. Good for him.

- We lost. But the season isn’t over. All kinds of things can and will happen before this one’s done. GWTW - Vivien Leigh - '...tomorrow is another day...'

2-1 9+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE !!!!

- Just as Fran Brown is finding out that winning in Syracuse is going to be harder that winning at Georgia, we are finding out that the Fran Brown Era will contain some disappointing games, just as prior eras have. That doesn’t mean that the Fran Brown Era won’t be better than those prior eras. It needs to have more steps forward than steps back.

- Much will be made of the fact that we lost at home to a team predicted to finish last in the conference but Stanford is clearly a better team than they’ve been in recent years. I think they are on the way back and will surprise a lot of people. At least I hope they will.

- My overwhelming feeling at the end of that game was no embarrassment, panic or depression. My feeling was that I’d just seen a great college football game.
- Some of the most impressive plays come in imperfect performances and players and teams come together and find it inside them to make the plays to pull it out in the end. Syracuse did that – but Stanford did that, too.

- Kyle McCord was sacked 4 times and misfired on 15 passes, two of which wound up with the other team. But he still passed for 339 and 2 touchdowns and ran for a score, (which we didn’t think he could do), somersaulting into the end zone, Eric Dungey style. He led his team back for a ten point deficit to grab a 24-23 lead with 3:35 left on the clock and turned it over to a defense that turned the tide. It just wasn’t enough.

- Trebor Pena took advantage of the defensive attention Gadsden got to catch 10 games for 101 yards. He now has 22 catches for 267 yards and 4TDs in three games. Over 12 games, that’s 88/1,068/16.

- Umari Hatcher still lacks consistency but his 67 yard TD catch just before the half got us back in the game, numerically and emotionally. Nice push-off before the catch, too. (Hey, if you can get away with it!)

- Jackson Meeks dropped a pass with nothing but green between him and the goal line on our final drive. But he came back to catch the TD pass that gave us the lead. Good for him.

- We lost. But the season isn’t over. All kinds of things can and will happen before this one’s done. GWTW - Vivien Leigh - '...tomorrow is another day...'

2-1 9+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE !!!!
After reading so much vitriol by the frontrunners trashing the head coach and everyone else, it is so refreshing to read an intelligent assessment. Thank You.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom