The Upside - Virigina Tech II | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Virigina Tech II

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Suddenly we are 11-7, 4-3 in conference and have three conference road wins, two against tier 1 teams. And we only need 6 wins in 13 games to guarantee that ‘the streak’ continues.

- Our players are far from perfect but seem to be growing up before our eyes. We are a pretty good team right now and will get better. Meanwhile the rest of the league doesn’t look too intimidating.

- Buddy Boeheim scored 18 Syracuse points in a row, taking the game from 10-14 to 28-19. The media guide doesn’t have any information on scoring streaks within games. That’s as long a personal one as I can remember. He wound up with 26 points. 5 of his 10 baskets were three pointers. The other 5 weren’t. He’s added the ability to drive to the basket or hit pull up jumpers to his game.

- Elijah Hughes didn’t have it in the first half, going 1 for 8. He started driving for scores and missed a lot but finally willed the ball into the basket enough times to score 17 points, 13 in the second half. He was the go-to-guy down the stretch, as he should be.

- Marek had another across-the-board productive game. He had a double-double with 11 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists a steal and block, (at least).

- Quincy, after a couple bad games, was a tiger in this one. In 24 minutes, he had 5 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 steals. We are a bigger team than Tech, (is also a skinner one- but not Quincy). We only out-rebounded them 34-33 in the Dome and that wasn’t enough. This game actually wound up 35-33 but we were ahead by 7-8 until their final run.

- In the two games, Tech’s real star, Landers Nolley was 9 for 30 from the field. He got 26 points but we made him do it the hard way.

- In both games we achieved a 30-19 first half lead. In the Dome they quickly hit two three pointers and the lead never got back to that. In this game. They hit one of two free throws. Then we got two defensive rebounds and a steal that produced two lay-ups and a jumper to extend the lead to 36-20. And we needed all of it!

11-7 with 13+ to be done

LET’S GO ORANGE!

As long as I'm not the only one reading them... :rolleyes:
I, for one, always read them. Don’t even read the recaps or analysis on professional sites! Appreciate it in both basketball and football

I always read them. Sometimes after a loss, they're the only posts I read about the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom