The Upside | Syracusefan.com

The Upside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Our defense once again swallowed the Hoosiers whole.

Defense had been a weakness for this team up until this game, especially 2 point field goal percentage. Tonight Indiana was 11 for 27 (.407). That’s more like it!

- Noah Vonleh scored on a jumper at 17:51 of the second half. Noah Vonleh scored on a dunk at 5:08 of the second half. Indiana didn’t hit a field goal between those two shots, a span of 12 minutes and 43 seconds.

- We lost our starting backcourt from last that dominated Jordan Hulls and Yogi Ferrell, outscoring them 38-0. Our new backcourt only outscored Ferrell and Jeremy Hollowell 38-17. Tyler Ennis had 17 points to go with 8 assists and a single turnover. He has an assist to turnover ratio of 41 to 9, (4 ½ to 1). Trevor Cooney hit 5 treys for the third time in four games and scored 21 points. He’s shooting 47% from three point range this season. And, unlike most of our backcourt gunners form the past, he can drive to the basket to score and dunk the ball. He is also a very good defender.

- Indiana came in leading the county in rebound margin with +18 a game. They had +0 in this game, 29-29 while committing 5 more turnovers than we did. Vonleh was their leading rebounder with only 6.

- ESPN just said that Syracuse beat Indiana tonight, 69-10. It only seemed like that. We looked like a Top 5 team tonight. Maybe we are.

- Indiana used to haunt our dreams. Now we haunt theirs.

8-0 with 23+ to go

Let’s Go Orange!

Why do I feel like some IU fan made a deal with the devil back in '87

"If we can beat Syracuse just this one game tonight, I don't care if we ever beat them again."

In retrospect, I wish I had made that deal.

Last edited:
Coleman had a pretty rocky game, but he did one thing that I thought was HUGE.

There was a sequence in the 1st half where he kept his arms perfectly straight up to contest a guy that was driving and forced a miss without being called for the foul.

At the other end, he sealed his man, caught the pass, and went up with it without bringing the ball down at all. That might be the first time that I've ever seen Coleman go straight up with it after catching a pass. He ended up struggling after that point, but I really hope somebody on that staff points that play out to him and reinforces how good it was that he finally did that.

It was a wonderful job rebounding- really liked that. Best D of the year too though Indy really is built poorly to succeed against for Cuse's zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom