The View From 331: Albany | Syracusefan.com

The View From 331: Albany

DoubleDee

All American
Not a lot of people, so not a lot crazy to talk about.

Saw Macky in the quad pre-screen tent and welcomed him back. Amazing how little these guys look when the playing days end.

We got into the building at high noon, and seemed like we were two of about 300 people total including employees and players.

I had been told that there would not be a schedule poster this season, so imagine my surprise when I realized I could get one at guest services. It’s pretty sweet. Below shot is very cropped.
BB8C60B7-FD57-411B-9680-7DEDA0DF08D9.jpeg

I know this has been mentioned to death, but thank you to the powers that be for listening and adding stats and down & distance to the center hung. Made a world of difference. Others have made mention of the sound system improvement from last week, and they are correct. But for the cost, still not good enough. Hopefully they will continue to tweak.

Disappointed to see Benson limp off and remain missing for the rest of the game. I’m guessing his body didn’t react well to the hits due to lack of use. *rimshot*

We had our first meal in the new Dome. We went with the tenders and fries. Outstanding when compared to the old ones. We are making serious strides here.

With 7:51 left in the 2nd, I looked at my son and gave him something my late father always used to say… “Sean Tucker is gonna get his name in the paper”. And he did.

Apparently we’re back to cheerleaders with mics. Who do we need to lock in a closet somewhere to get this to stop FOREVER? Good Lord it’s embarrassing. Do you guys that travel to away games see this ridiculousness at other schools?

The inside of the Dome sounded like a busy restaurant, not like a stadium full of people. Mostly because of lack of butts, but also lack of an exciting game. In the 4th quarter, I could hear the shhhh sound of the cheerleaders pom poms from the 300s. I can’t say I have ever experienced that before.

Mask situation was certainly better this week, no real issues in my section except for a bunch of obvious students. Because they were constantly actively drinking?

I feel the pain of some of these girls fathers. If they only knew how they were dressing. My son got his first run in with some “mudflaps”. You figure that out on your own.

My last tidbit is my official irritation of the day. There was a guy that I recognize from other games so he must be a season holder. He wore flip flops Saturday that for whatever reason were really flipping and flopping. Over and over, every time he wanted a beer. Over the sound of the crowd, music, or video board, you could hear this dudes footsteps slapping the concrete steps, and I mean loud. Weird.

Looking forward to a Friday night game vs Liberty.

LGO

Not a lot of people, so not a lot crazy to talk about.

Saw Macky in the quad pre-screen tent and welcomed him back. Amazing how little these guys look when the playing days end.

We got into the building at high noon, and seemed like we were two of about 300 people total including employees and players.

I had been told that there would not be a schedule poster this season, so imagine my surprise when I realized I could get one at guest services. It’s pretty sweet. Below shot is very cropped.
View attachment 206438

I know this has been mentioned to death, but thank you to the powers that be for listening and adding stats and down & distance to the center hung. Made a world of difference. Others have made mention of the sound system improvement from last week, and they are correct. But for the cost, still not good enough. Hopefully they will continue to tweak.

Disappointed to see Benson limp off and remain missing for the rest of the game. I’m guessing his body didn’t react well to the hits due to lack of use. *rimshot*

We had our first meal in the new Dome. We went with the tenders and fries. Outstanding when compared to the old ones. We are making serious strides here.

With 7:51 left in the 2nd, I looked at my son and gave him something my late father always used to say… “Sean Tucker is gonna get his name in the paper”. And he did.

Apparently we’re back to cheerleaders with mics. Who do we need to lock in a closet somewhere to get this to stop FOREVER? Good Lord it’s embarrassing. Do you guys that travel to away games see this ridiculousness at other schools?

The inside of the Dome sounded like a busy restaurant, not like a stadium full of people. Mostly because of lack of butts, but also lack of an exciting game. In the 4th quarter, I could hear the shhhh sound of the cheerleaders pom poms from the 300s. I can’t say I have ever experienced that before.

Mask situation was certainly better this week, no real issues in my section except for a bunch of obvious students. Because they were constantly actively drinking?

I feel the pain of some of these girls fathers. If they only knew how they were dressing. My son got his first run in with some “mudflaps”. You figure that out on your own.

My last tidbit is my official irritation of the day. There was a guy that I recognize from other games so he must be a season holder. He wore flip flops Saturday that for whatever reason were really flipping and flopping. Over and over, every time he wanted a beer. Over the sound of the crowd, music, or video board, you could hear this dudes footsteps slapping the concrete steps, and I mean loud. Weird.

Looking forward to a Friday night game vs Liberty.

LGO
That was like a poem. Seriously…that would be great if Billy Joel could write a song around what you wrote.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom