The worst thing Donald Trump has done

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Alsacs, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Alsacs

Alsacs Living Legend

Is to kill human decency. Before this election cycle people had to pretend to care about the other side and discourse.
    It used to be an intramural fight among Americans.
    Now team red and team blue just don't give a crap and are vial both ways.
    You have journalists who don't care anymore about just being journalists and want to be part of the fight.
    Then you got Trump supporters who are just vial people who circle the wagons around this demigod.

Honestly this is the real world version of the Boy who cried wolf.
    Trump is the wolf but W. Bush was called the wolf, McCain was called the wolf, Romney was called the wolf and because always calling the other side the wolf it was tuned out and the real wolf got power. Also HRC really sucked as well.

However I don't see it getting better because the media isn't interested in being unbias either sides Fox or MSNBC/NYT.
    Division sells sadly. It shouldn't take a major catastrophe to unite and I honestly don't think it would unite this time. Due to how much each side hates the other. And yes I believe it's hate on both sides.

2. djcon57

djcon57 All American

People pretended to care about Bill Clinton? W? Obama?

Are you serious? It's been this way for 30 years. It's just more obvious now.

3. CuseFaninVT

CuseFaninVT Living Legend

And it's vile.

Cowtown likes this.
  4. longislandcuse

longislandcuse Living Legend

Donald Trump definitely did not "kill human decency". Donald Trump rose to power because we no longer have human decency and both major political parties gave us awful candidates representative of the society we've become.

Shark58 and Cowtown like this.
  5. sabach

sabach All American

No. Trump has upped (or should I say lowered) the bar. Never have we had a Presidential candidate, President Elect or God forbid a President get in the muck like him. He is making being un-Presidential an art form. If someone wrote a book with a President using a Twitter account to say what Trump says, no one would believe it. Sadly, that is our new reality for the next at least 4 years.

6. CuseFaninVT

It was in the throes of death, but Donald put the pillow over the mouth to help it along. And please stop trying to equate Hillary and Donald. She was wrong about the number of deplorables, but those folks are what they are. Donald is a billion times worse as a person. And has said much more awful things.

Brooky03, Conrad13, bevosu and 6 others like this.
  7. djcon57

djcon57 All American

My point is it wasn't a drop dead moment where one day trump came in and everything changed.
    This has been going in this direction for decades.

The idea that the President has always "pretend to care about the other side and discourse".
    I mean, Richard Nixon covered up bugging the friggin DNC's HQ.

sabach likes this.
  8. longislandcuse

longislandcuse Living Legend

It's all relative. I personally view Hillary's comments/actions towards the unborn to be 100x more vile than anything Trump has said.

That said. Don't feel like debating this for the umpteenth time so yes, superficially, Donald says meaner things than Hillary.

**I will throw you a bone and say the Twitter tantrums are getting old real quick.

9. CuseFaninVT

What she said she would try to do are not equal to the things he has said and already done.

10. senorpalmer

senorpalmer All American

Agree, with the exception of "at least the next 4 years". He will trek into impeachment territory like no one we've ever seen.

FAL and CuseFaninVT like this.
  11. sabach

sabach All American

You are absolutely right. But Trump has taken it to a place it has never been. Trump is a personal bully and a personal punk. Prior to him, most politicians were political bullies and punks. Why in the heck should the President Elect spend more than a millisecond caring what Meryl Streep thinks. He is going to be the leader of the free world. In the words of someone I do not often quote, "Grow Up."

NKR1978, Conrad13, br801 and 4 others like this.
  12. sabach

sabach All American

I certainly agree with you on the abortion thing. I love when Meryl Streep lectures on bullying from a position of power when she supports the ultimate form of bullying known to humankind.

But abortion is still a political debate and I can debate someone even on abortion in a way that respects the other side and the other person even if I do not agree with them at all as to their position on the unborn. Trump is just a jerk.

NKR1978, Cusefan0307 and CuseFaninVT like this.
  13. cmr27

cmr27 All Conference

This is a results-based business. He will be judged foremost on the country's economic output, with a specific emphasis on returning jobs to portions of the country "neglected" during the last 30 years. He should tilt job creation to FT v PT and reduce competition for work between illegal immigrants and blue collar workers.

He will be evaluated on the fight against ISIS/Al Qaeda. There's a built-in expectation now that relations will improve with the USSR (I'm going throwback with all Russia references for the next few weeks. In the spirit of the times).

Beyond that, it's mostly window dressing.

14. senorpalmer

senorpalmer All American

I wouldn't have an issue with him addressing what she said or pushing back on this or other things, except that his way of doing it is to, as you allude to, engage in name-calling and act like a spoiled brat with nothing of any intelligence or substance in his 140 character word-sharts.

15. sabach

sabach All American

On the West Wing, Barlet's staff made fun of the GOP candidate (Governor Ritchie) because he always used ten word answers. The argument was that we live in a society with issues that cannot be solved by bumper stickers and ten word answers. Twitter has become the 2016 version of the ten word answer and Trump is the King of Twitter.

NKR1978, Cowtown, JoeSU and 2 others like this.
  16. sabach

sabach All American

In case anyone was wondering what I meant by the Ten Word Answer, here is a the script that came from the West Wing episode:

MODERATOR: Governor Ritchie, many economists have stated that the tax cut, which is centrepiece of your economic agenda, could actually harm the economy. Is now really the time to cut taxes?

RITCHIE: You bet it is. We need to cut taxes for one reason– the American people know how to
    spend their money better than the federal government does.

BARTLET: There it is….That’s the ten-word answer my staff’s been looking for for two weeks. There it
    is. Ten-word answers can kill you in political campaigns. They’re the tip of the sword.
    Here’s my question: What are the next ten words of your answer? Your taxes are too high?
    So are mine. Give me the next ten words. How are we going to do it? Give me ten after
    that, I’ll drop out of the race right now. Every once in a while… every once in a
    while, there’s a day with an absolute right and an absolute wrong, but those days almost
    always include body counts. Other than that, there aren’t very many unnuanced moments
    in leading a country that’s way too big for ten words. I’m the President of the United
    States, not the President of the people who agree with me. And by the way, if the left
    has a problem with that, they should vote for somebody else.

Cowtown, JoeSU and CuseFaninVT like this.
  17. Guinness

Guinness Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

18. Guinness

Guinness Hall of Fame

I don't know that we have ever seen this sort of public figure before who mixes being a narcissist with being a bully who hides behind his twitter account.

br801, sabach and CuseFaninVT like this.
  19. Briancuse

Briancuse Living Legend

The worst thing he has done is run for president.

Fireball Jr. likes this.
  20. Toga

Toga Living Legend

Do you think Trump is in the general realm of McCain, Romney or even Bush? Or are we talking about a different animal?

21. Alsacs

Alsacs Living Legend

Obviously he's the worst person ever to be a presidential nominee of all time. However morons have been told every Republican nominee is the freaking wolf.
    Now that we have a freaking wolf in the White House it's tuned out.
    Bill Maher on his show made this exact point. He said that it was wrong to make every previous nominee out to be the freaking wolf and in the public tuned it out. Now Trump is allowed to get away with being a bleeping wolf and no one stopping him. Trump is killing human discourse .
    These tweets are disgusting.

Briancuse likes this.
  22. senorpalmer

senorpalmer All American

The word you're looking for is sociopath.

23. senorpalmer

senorpalmer All American

It sounds like you're making this about something only the Dems do, just wondering if you'd clarify. Clinton and Obama were treated just as bad if not worse (not sure how to quantify but I'd argue that McCain didn't get it as bad as these two did).

24. Alsacs

Alsacs Living Legend

Republicans resisted Obama. They treated him wrongly. He didn't disrespect the office of the Presidency.
    I didn't like how he handled Congress never working with them.
    Politics has become broken

25. dasher

dasher Living Legend

Hold on one second. the leader of the Repubs in the Senate said that it was his goal to make Obama a one term President. right off the bat, like they did with president Clinton, not one repub voted for Obama's budget. Not one. They didn't want to work with him. It takes tow to tangle. You don't do this type of law but if you did, and I refused to talk settlement, you couldn't and shouldn't be blamed for not reaching a deal with me.

Halfmooncuse, ssbriefcase and Toga like this.