Theranos Documentary | Syracusefan.com

Theranos Documentary

It was really good. A really good case study in delusional entitlement + privilege

It's like The Emperor's New Clothes come to life.

Her speaking voice sounded like it was a tape recording that was intentionally slowed down.
She was a great example of just one of the many things that is awful about capitalism - fraud.

It was really good. A really good case study in delusional entitlement + privilege

It's like The Emperor's New Clothes come to life.

I really can't fathom how people feel so entitled to keep secrets about the quality of their work projects from their investors. If you took somebody's money, how can you so boldly lie to their faces?

I lost a lot of money from owning Enron and WorldCom in the 1990s. So I am not at all sympathetic to stock market manipulation, and frankly manipulation of currencies and commodities, either.

So much of modern capitalism seems to be based on cheating, monopoly and unfair advantages.

I really can't fathom how people feel so entitled to keep secrets about the quality of their work projects from their investors. If you took somebody's money, how can you so boldly lie to their faces?

I lost a lot of money from owning Enron and WorldCom in the 1990s. So I am not at all sympathetic to stock market manipulation, and frankly manipulation of currencies and commodities, either.

So much of modern capitalism seems to be based on cheating, monopoly and unfair advantages.

I think there's two different species of it, though. On one hand you have someone like Bernie Madoff who knew exactly what they were doing and how wrong it was. I think Holmes, genuinely believed, hell she probably still does, that was she was doing was worth it, and the end would justify the means if only she keep the doubters at bay long enough. I'm not sure which type is scarier.