There’s a path to fourth place in the ACC | Syracusefan.com

There’s a path to fourth place in the ACC

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
I know some of the usuals will scoff at this, but we have a way to turn this ship around. I know this isn’t a typical Syracuse team, but it’s not your typical ACC either. It’s a really down year for the league.

Duke/FSU/Louisville are the clear top 3 teams in the conference, but they don’t instill fear into teams that typically high ranked ACC teams do.

After that KenPom predicts 7 teams to finish with 9 to 11 conference wins. We are one of those 7 teams. Right now our record against those teams is 2-3.

We dug ourselves a hole in the dome so now we really need to win at Notre Dame and VPI. I don’t think it’s an impossible task. Like the rest of the conference they are meh. We also need to start winning some games in the dome. 4 of our 7 losses are at home.

Now I am not saying we will finish fourth, but it’s a possibility based on the metrics and watching the other teams around the conference. I do think some guys are getting better. Mainly Girard and Quincy can get a lot better. If that happens it is not an impossible task.

We need Sidibe and Marek to play better on a consist basis to go on a run. They combined for 20 rebounds yesterday and are the reason we won the game.

JB contracting the zone helped this team tremendously, basically it turned the game into a three point shooting contest.

They were 7-31 from 3 we were 12-30, which means we were basically neck and neck going into overtime.

if we dont throw the ball away when we retook the lead we win by 5-6 in regulation.. this team cant give away possessions.

night and day though the quality of the shots we took and missed from game 1 though

If we had just a serviceable big this team is on the bubble.
We don’t. It will come down to defensive rebounding.
Our shooting can beat anyone.
The problem is we aren’t deep and if the big 4 don’t always produce we will struggle.
Winning season is still in play.
Those ND and VPI games are killers though.

These things always look so much more possible after a nice win, let's hope it still seems like a possibility after the game against BC.

By the way what's up with the 6:30 game time? Is it 6:30 Atlantic Time?

Love meaningful games. I also remember we are 9-7 with 0 good ooc wins. But no team is ever truly eliminated until you get knocked out of acct!

I can't believe people are drinking this coolade after the last two games. It's not like SU played really well. UVA played bad. I mean both teams clanked the rims so bad I bet they had to be replaced.

I think if you count on sanctions that force 6-8 of the teams in the ACC have to forfeit all conference games this year - we definitely have 4th place within easy reach!

Don’t think it’s a stretch at all. We have the type of team that can get hot and go on a run.

If all you had to do was lead at halftime we might not lose another game this year.

Hopefully we can get 10 ACC wins don’t see more only having 4 guys who can play and no bench but I think they find a way to keep it interesting. None of the wins will come easily.

I know some of the usuals will scoff at this, but we have a way to turn this ship around. I know this isn’t a typical Syracuse team, but it’s not your typical ACC either. It’s a really down year for the league.

Duke/FSU/Louisville are the clear top 3 teams in the conference, but they don’t instill fear into teams that typically high ranked ACC teams do.

After that KenPom predicts 7 teams to finish with 9 to 11 conference wins. We are one of those 7 teams. Right now our record against those teams is 2-3.

We dug ourselves a hole in the dome so now we really need to win at Notre Dame and VPI. I don’t think it’s an impossible task. Like the rest of the conference they are meh. We also need to start winning some games in the dome. 4 of our 7 losses are at home.

Now I am not saying we will finish fourth, but it’s a possibility based on the metrics and watching the other teams around the conference. I do think some guys are getting better. Mainly Girard and Quincy can get a lot better. If that happens it is not an impossible task.

I'd like to see us truly get on a run. It's been a while. This team has some players. I'd like to see some more Guerrier, Edwards and Washington, so we can get maybe just a bit more out of those guys. That would make this team so much better, IMO, if we could get those guys giving us something each night. Fingers crossed.

I can't believe people are drinking this coolade after the last two games. It's not like SU played really well. UVA played bad. I mean both teams clanked the rims so bad I bet they had to be replaced.

Nobody is drinking any cool aid. The conference is awful. We are not the worst team despite how many times people claim we are.

The conference is awful.
Unfortunately, that's a big problem with trying to make the tournament. No good OOC wins and only a handful of possible good conference wins won't do much to move the needle. They're going to have to smoke the competition and still beat Duke and/or Louisville + plus another marquee win. The UVA win was one of the three that they needed.

Nobody is drinking any cool aid. The conference is awful. We are not the worst team despite how many times people claim we are.
SU is currently in a 5 way tie for 8th. 1/2 a game behind GT, a full game behind VT, UVA & BC. So that gives some truth to how awful the ACC is. BUT SU is only 1 game ahead of everybody else including ND who beat them at SU! So saying how bad the ACC is also consider that it may take a 4th place finish to make the tourny. Or at least 5th. No 9, or 8 or 7 teams from the conference this year!

Other things to consider. There could be crowd at 9-9. Ranking would come down to tie brakers. And ranking determines who plays whom in the ACCT which then could be a big factor on NCAA invites.

SU is currently in a 5 way tie for 8th. 1/2 a game behind GT, a full game behind VT, UVA & BC. So that gives some truth to how awful the ACC is. BUT SU is only 1 game ahead of everybody else including ND who beat them at SU! So saying how bad the ACC is also consider that it may take a 4th place finish to make the tourny. Or at least 5th. No 9, or 8 or 7 teams from the conference this year!

Other things to consider. There could be crowd at 9-9. Ranking would come down to tie brakers. And ranking determines who plays whom in the ACCT which then could be a big factor on NCAA invites.

That literally was not the point of this thread as I stated in my very first post. I said there was a path to fourth place. Maybe read next time. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom