there are no easy games | Syracusefan.com

there are no easy games

upperdeck

Living Legend
if you dont play well you lose, and when you have so few play makers even good play might not be enough.

we need to protect the home field

if NC st loses next week there very well might be only 1 ranked team left in the ACC and 3 in the AAC

if you dont play well you lose, and when you have so few play makers even good play might not be enough.

we need to protect the home field

if NC st loses next week there very well might be only 1 ranked team left in the ACC and 3 in the AAC
Timing and circumstance, UNC will be a (relatively) easy game.

UNC is 1-4...their backs are against the wall. I think we get their best shot...just like Pitt.

Hopefully our best shot is better than their best shot.

I don’t see any remaining games as easy wins, I learned my lesson after the Pitt game. On paper, statistically we were the far superior team. There was no chance they could win, maybe keep it close for a little while. Yet we looked like last years downward spiral team.

I have no idea which SU team shows up for the rest of the season. The remaining games will tell me a lot about the coaching staff though.

Watching a lot of these ACC games on Saturday it seems the teams that make the fewest mistakes and make the plays win. How in the world did that UNC QB miss that wide open WR in the end zone? The running game of UNC is very good though and Wakes is solid.

SU has the best balance along with BC and NCS of run and pass if Dillion is playing that is. The SU D will be the key because BC and NCS have very good D's.

You guys are right, each one is going to be a battle and if SU can go 4-2 in the second half I'll be thrilled. It would be nice to catch a break like a FG kicker missing a kick to tie the game and SU wins by 3.

I don’t see any remaining games as easy wins, I learned my lesson after the Pitt game. On paper, statistically we were the far superior team. There was no chance they could win, maybe keep it close for a little while. Yet we looked like last years downward spiral team.

I have no idea which SU team shows up for the rest of the season. The remaining games will tell me a lot about the coaching staff though.

Me too. Teams get better and some worse and there is no doubt Pitt has improved. Looking at their SOS which is crazy tough it is misleading and I was way wrong on how bad I thought they were.

the only team that has looked bad has been UL, but even they have athletes who can make plays, they also had FSU beat so again you have to limit mistakes, TO and big plays and score TDs in the red zone.

Right now we have the following "chance" to win
87% vs LVille
86% vs UNC
67% vs Wake
47% vs NC St
39% vs BC
22% vs ND

I think the bye week finally came at the right time and we can get three more wins and finish with a nice 7-5 record, IF we have the run D figured out. If we can't stop the run we might only be able to get 1 more win...

10-2: I can’t even fathom this.
9-3: Beyond excited, talking ACC title for ‘19. We made it!
8-4: Thrilled. Going into next year with major expectations.
7-5: Satisfied. Solid year 3 jump. Hoping this can become our floor eventually.
6-6: I’ll begrudgingly take it. Bowl game. Improvement. Will feel a bit underwhelming.
5-7: Gutted and concerned if we’ll ever get there and feeling real angsty for a solid 2019.
4-8: Apoplectic.

I know, woulda coulda shoulda, but man, if we just get that 4th down stop against Pitt or they miss one of their 50 yard field goals, we are guaranteed ranked this week with an opportunity to move up towards the Top 15 with two straight home wins.

Right now we have the following "chance" to win
87% vs LVille
86% vs UNC
67% vs Wake
47% vs NC St
39% vs BC
22% vs ND

I think the bye week finally came at the right time and we can get three more wins and finish with a nice 7-5 record, IF we have the run D figured out. If we can't stop the run we might only be able to get 1 more win...

Even if we can’t figure out the run D we should get at least 2 more. We got gashed the last two weeks on the ground, on the road, and lost by a combined 11 pts. At home against NC and Ville are both wins. Hopefully more too

Even if we can’t figure out the run D we should get at least 2 more. We got gashed the last two weeks on the ground, on the road, and lost by a combined 11 pts. At home against NC and Ville are both wins. Hopefully more too

North Carolina is not a gimme, they beat Pitt. We should win at home, but then we should on paper have beat Pitt.

North Carolina is not a gimme, they beat Pitt. We should win at home, but then we should on paper have beat Pitt.

No you are right, there are indeed no gimmies. We need to play a clean game and we will be good

Me too. Teams get better and some worse and there is no doubt Pitt has improved. Looking at their SOS which is crazy tough it is misleading and I was way wrong on how bad I thought they were.

I think a lot of people were wrong on how bad we thought they were, myself included. I wasn't buying the hype that this would be an easy game at first, then I started looking at the comparison stats more and didn't see any way Pitt could win the game. Even if we played poorly.

What scares me most and I don't care what the reason has been in the past, how we looked against Pitt looked so much like how we played to end the last two seasons. What is actually scarier is that we might have looked better in the Pitt game then how we've ended the last two seasons. If you look at the scores of some of the games the last two years, it's not pretty.

What injuries situation at unc saw Carney got hurt at end?
Yes he was, but do not know his status. They also have QB injuries issues, Fortin was injured(status unknown), Suratt is out for season, if Fortin can not play they have just Eliot. It will be interesting at QB for them.

they have multiple Dline injuries. Carney is the best DE. Him not playing would be huge, if hurt that really leaves them then, if one of the others comes back he is supposed to sit too.

UNC does 1 thing well. They can run.

That RB yesterday looked really good. They're going to ride him like Seabiscuit. Elliott looked better throwing the ball, but I still don't think they trust him.

They had 522 yards of offense, which was well balanced, and only 19 points. I hope that stays in the back of their minds.

10-2: I can’t even fathom this.
9-3: Beyond excited, talking ACC title for ‘19. We made it!
8-4: Thrilled. Going into next year with major expectations.
7-5: Satisfied. Solid year 3 jump. Hoping this can become our floor eventually.
6-6: I’ll begrudgingly take it. Bowl game. Improvement. Will feel a bit underwhelming.
5-7: Gutted and concerned if we’ll ever get there and feeling real angsty for a solid 2019.
4-8: Apoplectic.
Long term view of the program... the 2019 schedule is not daunting, at all.

We'll have a good record in 2019. The question is more around how good a team we'll be then. The better a season we have this year, the more confident we'll be able to feel next season about how good we are.

That RB yesterday looked really good. They're going to ride him like Seabiscuit. Elliott looked better throwing the ball, but I still don't think they trust him.

They had 522 yards of offense, which was well balanced, and only 19 points. I hope that stays in the back of their minds.
Our offense must play better or we will struggle in every game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom