There has never been a more house money game | Syracusefan.com

There has never been a more house money game

Biggest caviar dream for me is the orange bowl this season. Not sure if I would want the playoffs if even given the opportunity. Would be embarrassing to go up against any of the top 3.
It’s not so much about being scared to play the top three, but rather the Orange bowl itself is huge. I’ll always take any NY6 bowl, Orange or Cotton would be great.

Biggest caviar dream for me is the orange bowl this season. Not sure if I would want the playoffs if even given the opportunity. Would be embarrassing to go up against any of the top 3.
No it wouldn’t, if we lost 35-7 we end the year in the top 10. I wouldn’t be embarrassed at all.

DJU sucks I love our chances here. Our team is going to be absolutely jacked up for this one.

• Dislike
Reactions: gbo
He has improved a lot.

That said, he’s not otherworldly like Watson or Lawrence were against us.

Yeah hes been good recently. Clemson has looked better than they have since 2019 or so too.

But we play these guys annually and typically give them a game there is nothing on thier side that worries me and I think our guys will be insanely jacked up for this one. I didn't mean to put Clemson down either I just really feel great about Syracuse bringing it and playing an amazing game.

the top 3 in OSU that almost lost to 3-3 ND or the top GA that should have lost to Mizz or Ala that should probably have 3 losses.. Tenn has probably the best claim right now with the Ala win.

the top 3 in OSU that almost lost to 3-3 ND or the top GA that should have lost to Mizz or Ala that should probably have 3 losses.. Tenn has probably the best claim right now with the Ala win.
You do realize the playoffs are different, right? Ever seen how a 4 seed Alabama plays?

Completely agree with this post. I hope Dino and Co. cook up an aggressive plan for this game. The defense is pretty banged up so it's pretty important for the offense/special teams to sustain and maybe even steal a few possessions by taking some calculated risks in this game. I look forward to see how Anae attacks this defense. He's about to earn his paycheck this week.

Outside of the piling up of injuries on defense, I like how the defense matches up against Clemson's offense. Maybe I'm delusional but I don't feel dread about this matchup like I had in the past.

Any team that can beat Clemson in Death Valley can compete with any other team in the league

Clemson won’t need to dial up anything fancy. Their game plan is to let their superior athletes make plays. 5-yard catch becomes a 50-yard run. That kind of thing.

We’d absolutely need something random to work in our favor. Last time we almost pulled the upset down there, they had a quarterback controversy all week and knocked sunshine out of the game. Short of that happening, maybe the best we can hope for is lots of unforced turnovers and maybe the Clemson players get a nasty bout of flu that spreads around this week.

No disrespect and not trying to dunk on you but this is an awful take. You’d rather us not play in the college football playoff because you’re afraid of being embarrassed? Syracuse football after everything we’ve been through since Coach P was fired, from the dark days of Grob to the “hard nosed” Scott Shafer era, and while it’s been better under Dino we’ve still only had 1 winning season besides this current one since he was hired. We’d all sit in here every August and pray to just get to 6-6 so we can get in a bowl game and start to turn everything around. Going from that to being one of the 4 teams in America competing for a National Championship has the implications to be program changing. And doing it with only 5 four star players would be eye opening, it would show recruits that if they come we can win at the highest level. It would be the opposite of “embarrassing” regardless of the outcome.

Clemson has 58-1 history at home. A 30+ win streak at home. Top 5 team. Excellent defense. Good offense. Great coach. Great athletes. Great crowd support. Clemson has the odds makers support. Everything to lose.

SU has a banged up defense. A small chance of success. The odds are against them. No crowd support in Death Valley. Nothing to lose.

What are we waiting for! The game is already won, all we need to do is go play it!

Anae will be real offensive, White will be real defensive, Ligashesky's specials will be special. The kids already believe. Dino will motivate. Tucker will run like crazy, Shredder will run and throw. OG will score and make the Tigers defend the middle and the long ball. The other receivers are gaining confidence and will make the Tigers play each of them tight, opening more field for Tucker. Defensively, the DLine drives Uaieogaile...Ukelele...the QB nuts, controls the RB, our DBs lock down their receivers and pick off a couple passes, break a few more, basically limiting their game to a pedestrian passing game (by Clemson standards-still a pipe dream by Rutgers standards)) and forces he Tigers to settle for FGs and punts.

Basically, the game is the Orange's to lose. On paper, sure. Clemson wins going away. But in reality, the Orange has nothing to prove, nothing to lose, not a care in the world, time to "Major League" Clemson in Death Valley, shock the ACC, and give the Carolina Mafia the what for, to whit the Tiger fans will grudging support us (hey, we just beat their beloved Tigers, we can cut them some slack).

SU by 5, 35-30.

No disrespect and not trying to dunk on you but this is an awful take. You’d rather us not play in the college football playoff because you’re afraid of being embarrassed? Syracuse football after everything we’ve been through since Coach P was fired, from the dark days of Grob to the “hard nosed” Scott Shafer era, and while it’s been better under Dino we’ve still only had 1 winning season besides this current one since he was hired. We’d all sit in here every August and pray to just get to 6-6 so we can get in a bowl game and start to turn everything around. Going from that to being one of the 4 teams in America competing for a National Championship has the implications to be program changing. And doing it with only 5 four star players would be eye opening, it would show recruits that if they come we can win at the highest level. It would be the opposite of “embarrassing” regardless of the outcome.
...and the recruiting would be so easy..."Look what we did with 3 stars few teams wanted and didn't know how to develop in NCAA championship players and NFL draftees. Imagine what we will do with you on our team and how we will develop you into the next NCAA championship player and NFL draftee..."

Clemson has 58-1 history at home. A 30+ win streak at home. Top 5 team. Excellent defense. Good offense. Great coach. Great athletes. Great crowd support. Clemson has the odds makers support. Everything to lose.

SU has a banged up defense. A small chance of success. The odds are against them. No crowd support in Death Valley. Nothing to lose.

What are we waiting for! The game is already won, all we need to do is go play it!

Anae will be real offensive, White will be real defensive, Ligashesky's specials will be special. The kids already believe. Dino will motivate. Tucker will run like crazy, Shredder will run and throw. OG will score and make the Tigers defend the middle and the long ball. The other receivers are gaining confidence and will make the Tigers play each of them tight, opening more field for Tucker. Defensively, the DLine drives Uaieogaile...Ukelele...the QB nuts, controls the RB, our DBs lock down their receivers and pick off a couple passes, break a few more, basically limiting their game to a pedestrian passing game (by Clemson standards-still a pipe dream by Rutgers standards)) and forces he Tigers to settle for FGs and punts.

Basically, the game is the Orange's to lose. On paper, sure. Clemson wins going away. But in reality, the Orange has nothing to prove, nothing to lose, not a care in the world, time to "Major League" Clemson in Death Valley, shock the ACC, and give the Carolina Mafia the what for, to whit the Tiger fans will grudging support us (hey, we just beat their beloved Tigers, we can cut them some slack).

SU by 5, 35-30.
Actually, if you look closely, on paper it’s a very close game, the one big variable is the home field. We don’t know how these guys will react to hostile environment.

...and the recruiting would be so easy..."Look what we did with 3 stars few teams wanted and didn't know how to develop in NCAA championship players and NFL draftees. Imagine what we will do with you on our team and how we will develop you into the next NCAA championship player and NFL draftee..."
You’re really going to argue against a CFP appearance helping recruiting? “Didn’t know how to develop” What? Garrett Williams was rated barely inside the top 2000 as a recruit, and he’s turned into a top 5 corner in the nation. Garrett Shrader was a WR 2 years ago and our coaches have developed him into a 70%+ passer who throws a very tight ball. You really think we’re 6-0 right now if we couldn’t develop players? We’re 6-0 because we’re getting the best out of our 2/3 star players that nobody else wanted. Our defense is riddled with injuries and we have the highest rated defense in the conference. That’s coaching, and that’s also a big part of recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom