There is an opportunity here | Syracusefan.com

There is an opportunity here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuse House

All American
It stinks losing KR, it truly does. Great talent, and KR will kill it wherever he goes.

The truth of the matter is, we were a mediocre team until the last month of the season. It is funny how the board all season long was dogging the roster and is now extremely upset about players leaving. I understand the issue with JG3 and the rumors that are being floated about the conversation with JB and KR. We may never know how much truth there is in those rumors.

I see an opportunity to upgrade the roster if JB can pull in guys. What we have now is a lot of potential playing time available. We still have Buddy, an emerging center in Jesse, and potentially an All ACC caliber player in Quincy, if he returns.

All is not lost, yet. I am going to wait and see before I freak out about next years roster. I have to believe that JB knew this was coming and has players in mind that he wants to pursue.

My biggest concern at the moment is whether this affects Quincy's decision or Benny.

This is going to come down to JB's ability to pitch the program to guys like Powell and others in the portal. We may yet come out on top of this.

I appreciate all the guys transferring for their contributions this year.

The truth of the matter is, we were a mediocre team until the last month of the season. It is funny how the board all season long was dogging the roster and is now extremely upset about players leaving.
I get what you're saying. I do.

The reason why some of us are really upset about this is because we feel the guys leaving are ones that were solutions to improving the roster.

It stinks losing KR, it truly does. Great talent, and KR will kill it wherever he goes.

The truth of the matter is, we were a mediocre team until the last month of the season. It is funny how the board all season long was dogging the roster and is now extremely upset about players leaving. I understand the issue with JG3 and the rumors that are being floated about the conversation with JB and KR. We may never know how much truth there is in those rumors.

I see an opportunity to upgrade the roster if JB can pull in guys. What we have now is a lot of potential playing time available. We still have Buddy, an emerging center in Jesse, and potentially an All ACC caliber player in Quincy, if he returns.

All is not lost, yet. I am going to wait and see before I freak out about next years roster. I have to believe that JB knew this was coming and has players in mind that he wants to pursue.

My biggest concern at the moment is whether this affects Quincy's decision or Benny.

This is going to come down to JB's ability to pitch the program to guys like Powell and others in the portal. We may yet come out on top of this.

I appreciate all the guys transferring for their contributions this year.
What guard of value is going to look at this team as a viable destination knowing Joe and Buddy will chew up 35+ MPG?

I get what you're saying. I do.

The reason why some of us are really upset about this is because we feel the guys leaving are ones that were solutions to improving the roster.
I loved Braswell, he was a great role player and good in the zone. I never believed his ceiling was that high though. He clearly is never going to be 100% healthy, as JB stated in an interview. I think we saw what he can offer, but I'm not sure that is something to be consistently counted on.

Ajak, great kid from what I've seen. Will never be more than a role player.

KR is a big loss because of his upside, but it is happening to every program. He shot well in the tournament from three, but again is he going to be a consistent shooter? He obviously has the skills as a penetrator and passer. It is tough truly knowing what we lost because of the limited minutes.

I have not written Joe off yet. I still think he is capable of more than he has shown. It is a big IF, but I think he will improve.

I loved Braswell, he was a great role player and good in the zone. I never believed his ceiling was that high though. He clearly is never going to be 100% healthy, as JB stated in an interview. I think we saw what he can offer, but I'm not sure that is something to be consistently counted on.

KR is a big loss because of his upside, but it is happening to every program. He shot well in the tournament from three, but again is he going to be a consistent shooter? He obviously has the skills as a penetrator and passer. It is tough truly knowing what we lost because of the limited minutes.

I have not written Joe off yet. I still think he is capable of more than he has shown. It is a big IF, but I think he will improve.
What has given you any inclination of Joe improving?

sorry to pick on your post...but I want to spell this out

what have we seen from Joe in 2 seasons that see him as anything but streaky shooter with a questionable handle, an inability to finish against any team with any size whatsoever, and complete liability on defense?

not to mention, pile on the pressure of the entire fan base and the coach who chose him over a Kadary.

this will not end well, imo
should add...it’s not his fault. He should probably get a fresh start elsewhere

What has given you any inclination of Joe improving?
Joe has had big games for us. He also shot 90% at the line as a freshman before regressing this year. I think he will be back up in the mid 80s next year.

It has been mentioned that Covid may have hurt him this year. The fact is, we just don't know yet. There have been plenty of guys who improve as a junior and senior.

Girard and Buddy are the starters. Whomever is coming is their backup.
Well, Buddy is a starter for sure as he should be. He was the best player on the team this year. It's unusual for the team's best player not to start. As for Richmond, he probably would have started next year over JG. Boeheim doesn't like to mess with the starting lineup during the season but he will do it year to year.

Joe has had big games for us. He also shot 90% at the line as a freshman before regressing this year. I think he will be back up in the mid 80s next year.

It has been mentioned that Covid may have hurt him this year. The fact is, we just don't know yet. There have been plenty of guys who improve as a junior and senior.
I'd love to see him use the off-season to get in better shape and work on some things. Hopefully he does. His trainer near his hometown is the same one my daughter goes to.

Well, Buddy is a starter for sure as he should be. He was the best player on the team this year. It's unusual for the team's best player not to start. As for Richmond, he probably would have started next year over JG. Boeheim doesn't like to mess with the starting lineup during the season but he will do it year to year.
JB told Kadary isn’t starting and that Joe is.

Kadary played well but he didnt play the zone correctly. his skill set led to steals though and deflections..

But I dont see anyway JB told Kadary he wasnt gonna have a chance to start if healthy and got better..

Why would he tell anyone that.

I doubt that. JB would not tell a kid he would not start the next season even if he believed that.

Great end of season talk: "I don't care how much better you get, you won't start." Seriously?
Guess you haven’t looked in the Kadary thread.

Kadary played well but he didnt play the zone correctly. his skill set led to steals though and deflections..

But I dont see anyway JB told Kadary he wasnt gonna have a chance to start if healthy and got better..

Lmao. Come on

Someone said that on Twitter, doesn’t make it true. I really have a hard time believing it to be honest. I’m not downplaying the loss of KR, it could potentially be a huge loss. I also will wait to see how it plays out before I jump off a cliff.

If Kadary did not play the zone correctly, then what am I to understand what Joe and Buckets were doing?

Girard and Buddy are the starters. Whomever is coming is their backup.
Caleb Joseph have eligibility left? This is sarcasm if you can't discern it.

I just looked. I see speculation but really, Boeheim is really going to tell Kadary after the season ends that there is nothing he can do or improve upon that will allow him to start? That's just goofy but go ahead and believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom