There is nothing genuine with | Syracusefan.com

There is nothing genuine with

I also feel like the Manti Te'o hype is ridiculous

The announcers seem to think they're football powerhouses with a strong football history.

the Rutgers program

and that is why I despise them

no one ever calls them out

The same year that SU beat WVU in the game everyone talks about they destroyed PSU and tied Auburn in the Sugar Bowl. In the following six years SU beat PSU again, Arizona, UGA, UF, LSU, UT, OSU and played undefeated Miami to 3rds at the gun from keeping them from the national championship game.

Six seasons later Rutgers still talks about a game with Lville as it's biggest game ever, and there hasn't been a game even close to that since.

Ridiculous.

You would think a team that has been playing football for 125 years would have SOME tradition. But they have NONE. Zero. Zip. Zilch. So they are making up like choppin wood, F.A.M.B.L.Y. And R stuff hoping that something sticks.

RU has 5 or 6 1000yd rushers in their entire history. Jerome smith wrapped up SU's 5th straight season with a 1000yd rusher.

the Rutgers program

and that is why I despise them

no one ever calls them out

Look, their tradition matches the shelf life of a loaf of bread, but they are the best team in (ha) the Big East and a top 25 team. And they beat us.

We can whine that we "woulda coudda shoulda" but with a first year coach that was looked down upon, they took care of business.

I hope the conference shuffling yields a stop to the board fixation with Rutgirls. Please.

they are top 25?

where?

coaches poll - that is a joke

best team in big east? nope

they are top 25?

where?

coaches poll - that is a joke

best team in big east? nope

Well, now they are losing which would be great...but coaches poll is a joke? Ok then. I sure as hell would take it.

Well, now they are losing which would be great...but coaches poll is a joke? Ok then. I sure as hell would take it.
coaches do not vote - some intern student schlub does

Look, their tradition matches the shelf life of a loaf of bread

bimbo_edit.jpg

The same year that SU beat WVU in the game everyone talks about they destroyed PSU and tied Auburn in the Sugar Bowl. In the following six years SU beat PSU again, Arizona, UGA, UF, LSU, UT, OSU and played undefeated Miami to 3rds at the gun from keeping them from the national championship game.

Six seasons later Rutgers still talks about a game with Lville as it's biggest game ever, and there hasn't been a game even close to that since.

Ridiculous.

You referenced their silver era pretty well which in itself isn't much.

Their golden era was 150 years ago when winning 1 game allowed them to claim a NC. That pretty much speaks for itself - that people even reference it is obscene.

Our silver era was the 15 year period starting in 1987. We accomplished things during our golden era in the mid 50's to late 60's that Rutgers can only dream about.

I will be so happy when we're no longer associated with that program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom