There were about 100 reasons SU... | Syracusefan.com

There were about 100 reasons SU...

SUOrange44

Scout Team
There were about 100 reasons SU should never have scheduled a series with Liberty and now there is at least one more. Really hard to stomach that the University has done anything directly or indirectly to help that school and its hierarchy.

I realize we needed opponents to fill the schedule but there had to be some other avenue than these idiots...

SUOrange44

We have close friends with two Liberty students. Their freshman daughter is home. Their upperclassmen son stayed in Lynchburg in off campus housing.

Both are doing online distance learning now.

This story is heartbreaking.

I’ll probably go to hell for this...

The rest of the country’s schools to Liberty right now:

12A90F8C-CD1A-4578-89FD-67C314D5A93B.jpeg

Falwell holds audiences with God, therefore his word/thoughts/actions are infallible. He is beyond criticism. Please exalt him.
Interviewer: What would happen if I tripped you?
Falwell: Not much. I fall well.

Not true - everything needs to be taken to the far extreme and considered an affront on humanity. You would think we sold our home game and moved it to Pyongyang or something.
We had to play the fundamentalist school? No one else was available?

We had to play the fundamentalist school? No one else was available?

Anyone else giving us 2 for 1? We can’t even get them from uconn or mac schools.

Im not taking the WMU or buttgers roadies for granted. I’m glad the 4th game OOC after Colgate is that easy.

And I hate falwell

Last edited:
Anyone else giving us 2 for 1? We can’t even get them from uconn or mac schools.

Im not taking the WMU or buttgers roadies for granted. I’m glad the 4th game OOC after Colgate is that easy.

And I hate falwell

Thanks Herm

Liberty is closed like all other schools. Campus was opened for a small number
of foreign students with no other place to go. That said I'm no supporter of Jerry.

So you wouldn’t want to ever play Penn State again?
I would think never playing pedSt again would be a good decision. I’m fine either way and don’t really care about the liberty thing but I’m always weirded out when I see people wearing pedSt gear and flying pedSt flags, etc. I mean what are they proud of exactly?

I would think never playing pedSt again would be a good decision. I’m fine either way and don’t really care about the liberty thing but I’m always weirded out when I see people wearing pedSt gear and flying pedSt flags, etc. I mean what are they proud of exactly?
Right. Can you imagine buying, and letting your kid wear a jersey out of the house? We all have different beliefs. I would never let my kid wear a Kobe jersey based on the allegations. I think it speaks volumes when you show support after bad news. Like you don't see many Aaron Hernandez jerseys out there.

to be fair, Walton was speaking of the late-era Grateful Dead song “Liberty” that is often panned as trite and overplayed during the 93-95 years.
He’s talking about Liberty University lol. He’s also said playing them was the low point in the history of UCLA basketball