There were lessons learned | Syracusefan.com

There were lessons learned

GooseMutt

All Conference
during the Colgate loss. It’s important to identify problems so you can counter and address them. Yes, Colgate shot lights out and would probably have beaten most teams that night.

But this loss was an eye opener we may have needed. Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face. Well we got punched.

The motivation and determination must be intense for our players. It’s best to carry on with a junkyard dog attitude than entitled divas.

We awake now!

during the Colgate loss. It’s important to identify problems so you can counter and address them. Yes, Colgate shot lights out and would probably have beaten most teams that night.

But this loss was an eye opener we may have needed. Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face. Well we got punched.

The motivation and determination must be intense for our players. It’s best to carry on with a junkyard dog attitude than entitled divas.

We awake now!
I sure hope this is the case - an eye opener. I keep thinking we got hit by a "perfect storm" but then I realize we contributed greatly in a negative manner to feed the storm. The $64000 question is will we learn and gain from this kick in the face or just fall into a deeper hole. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will tell us if we are motivated from the Colgate disaster or if 2021-2022 will be more of the same.
LETS GO ORANGE!

We awake now!
All the motivation and determination in the world can't help a player cover 2 spots at the same time. The issue is schematic. The players weren't giving less than 100%.

We awake now!
40% from three isn’t lights out.

We awake now!
That is not true at all.

It wasn’t the shooting or ball movement, it was the rebounding.
Bingo, along with defense, if that’s what we call what we saw.

We awake now!

Good news is that it's one game. And we get a shot at redemption right after. If it's an isolated blip, great. No title was won or lost in game three. Also, our rotation is still healthy. Joe hit shots.

Thing I worry about was that this looked like how we all thought we would lose, but against P5 teams, not against Colgate. Definitely gives me pause. We'll see how we bounce back in the upcoming games.

One thing, though, we should always beat Colgate. I mean even if the ball is rolled out in the middle of a random gym.

They scored 100 on us. Mediocre game?
If you’re saying colgate with 100 points would beat most opponents then yeah, that’s true. Most teams wouldn’t allow 100 points. Our defense and inability to corral a rebound consistently was a big time reason for them scoring 100 pts. Shooting 46/42 isn’t what I would call lights out, personally.

If you’re saying colgate with 100 points would beat most opponents then yeah, that’s true. Most teams wouldn’t allow 100 points. Our defense and inability to corral a rebound consistently was a big time reason for them scoring 100 pts. Shooting 46/42 isn’t what I would call lights out, personally.
if you shoot 40% from 3 when shooting 40+ thats lights out.. thats like shooting 60% from 2 in a game which will win most of the time.. The same team that shot 18% from 3 vs cornell. They shot 46% vs NC st though. They just shot 15 less of them and lost by a couple.. if they shoot 40 that game they probably win the game scoring 90..

losing the fg% battle by 4 points + 11 single points from 3, = 15 points

if you shoot 40% from 3 when shooting 40+ thats lights out.. thats like shooting 60% from 2 in a game which will win most of the time.. The same team that shot 18% from 3 vs cornell. They shot 46% vs NC st though. They just shot 15 less of them and lost by a couple.. if they shoot 40 that game they probably win the game scoring 90..
We were a huge part of it!!