There's no one like Rahme, but... | Syracusefan.com

There's no one like Rahme, but...

I wouldn't know. They lost me months ago. The only time I visit Syracuse.Com is when I reach the end of the internet...and there isn't anything else to look at.

I'm giving the guys a chance (do I have really any other choice?)

So far they seem to producing things every day...I like it. They obviously read the board here. Which is a good thing as we give them ideas for articles. So far thumbs up...if they manage to minimize the "Bleacher Report" style.

the coverage has been very good if you consider someone with no football background is giving kids grades on his "film study"...
Aside from that transgression, there has been some decent coverage. Good article today about Bromley mentoring Sugar Bear this summer to get him ready to play. Also an interview with Coach Reed about our DBs.

Cohen might be one of the worst reporters ever assigned to cover the team. The next time he displays an ounce of football knowledge will be the first.

Now tell us how you REALLY feel.

I was going to post something about the football coverage. Best recruiting coverage I've ever seen from the PS despite some over the top writing and heavy focus on prospects we're likely not getting. Can't hurt with recruiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the quantity of coverage has been excellent. I have read several times on the board in previous seasons asking for more recruiting coverage. Now they are doing it but it seems like some people will complain no matter what. I like the breakdown of the recruits but yes, the grading is probably not necessary unless you are truly an expert.

No, none of them are even close to replacing Rahme or even Donnie Webb as far as quality but I have thought several articles were interesting.

Cohen might be one of the worst reporters ever assigned to cover the team. The next time he displays an ounce of football knowledge will be the first.
I'll see your Cohen and raise with Carlson.

I think the quantity of coverage has been excellent. I have read several times on the board in previous seasons asking for more recruiting coverage. Now they are doing it but it seems like some people will complain no matter what. I like the breakdown of the recruits but yes, the grading is probably not necessary unless you are truly an expert.

No, none of them are even close to replacing Rahme or even Donnie Webb as far as quality but I have thought several articles were interesting.

So you'd settle for a package of Oscar Meyer wieners instead of lobster and a steak? Yeah, I guess if you're hungry enough...:eek:

So you'd settle for a package of Oscar Meyer wieners instead of lobster and a steak? Yeah, I guess if you're hungry enough...:eek:
I made. It pretty clear that they weren't close to Rahme's coverage but I've been impressed with the increased recruiting coverage. I try to be positive about most things so shoot me.

Cohen gave Domer a B minus yesterday and used the justification that his highlights weren't nearly as good as Ish Witter. Umm ya they are 2 totally different backs?

Other then that i like the quantity, just need to stop with the grading of 5 minute highlight reels, and the sometimes negative, snarky comments by the other guys. Oh and it might help if they actually targeted a few of the guys we are actually recruiting.

I made. It pretty clear that they weren't close to Rahme's coverage but I've been impressed with the increased recruiting coverage. I try to be positive about most things so shoot me.
MSOrange, obviously you haven't heard but saying anything positive about Syracuse.com isn't allowed on Syracusefan.com. The pitchforks and torches come out.

A lot of articles but no way do any have a home town feel. Very sterile articles. No I do not want a rah rah (err Bud) type of story but c'mon. Just seem generic. Like a SU Football 101 class if you ask me. *We* already know the underpinnings.

MSOrange, obviously you haven't heard but saying anything positive about Syracuse.com isn't allowed on Syracusefan.com. The pitchforks and torches come out.

Based on your single sentence above, I will have to give your entire body of work a C+. Sorry.

Your buddy,

Mike Cohen

Based on your single sentence above, I will have to give your entire body of work a C+. Sorry.

Your buddy,

Mike Cohen

Well played, sir.

s3AoP.gif

the coverage has been very good if you consider someone with no football background is giving kids grades on his "film study"...
What exactly is your football background?

What exactly is your football background?
I played, and I watch a lot of football, but there's no way in hell I am qualified enough to give an opinion on a player based on 5 minutes of youtube footage. I feel like I have a good eye for how well a kid will do for us after watching his tape but unless I'm watching in person or a full game it's insane to evaluate someone.

I'm not sure how exactly to interpret your post. If it's calling me out, I'm not sure why, I don't post evaluations here and I certainly am not employed by a major newspaper. If it's just a friendly question, my answer is above.

Never played, but have been watching the game for years. We get more insight from a single Tomcat sentence than a month's worth of their articles. And the recruit grading seems asinine even to an amateur like me. They are filling the summer void with white noise. Zero substance.

It's one thing for recruiting websites to review tape and grade, that's their job. It's completely different for a neutral news reporter to watch a highlight tape and decide how good a player is. Michael Cohen should be reporting news and not creating his own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom