They are now saying that Derwin James deflected cole's | Syracusefan.com

They are now saying that Derwin James deflected cole's

retro44

Living Legend
late FG. but if you watch the replay FSU did a masterful job of over loading that side.

Blocking was actually horrible to let James come in unmolested. FSU basically had no one on the right side interior which created this over load. Conway should have hit James instead of the outside guy who was really wide.
Syracuse K Cole Murphy's late missed field goal at Florida State changed to block

I was traveling and had to listen to the first quarter in the car and saw the last 3 on tv. I was listening to Espn extra on Sirius. The announcers I think were FSU guys. They immediately said on the first FG that an FSU player got a hand on it. I was surprised when it wasn’t mentioned anywhere here. Now maybe the 2nd one was tipped also?

Wow.

Did the guy to the right of him get off early? Thought so at the time. Conference broadcasts aren't going to get into that stuff.

I was watching the game at night on WatchESPN. I noticed that when they lined up for the FG, there were only three minutes remaining in the broadcast. So I knew he was going to miss the kick. What a buzzkill.

I was traveling and had to listen to the first quarter in the car and saw the last 3 on tv. I was listening to Espn extra on Sirius. The announcers I think were FSU guys. They immediately said on the first FG that an FSU player got a hand on it. I was surprised when it wasn’t mentioned anywhere here. Now maybe the 2nd one was tipped also?

Wow.
First one was clearly tipped on live tv. Trajectory of the ball changes. No idea on the other two, but anything over 40 yards makes a block more likely.

First one was clearly tipped on live tv. Trajectory of the ball changes. No idea on the other two, but anything over 40 yards makes a block more likely.

2 were tipped not 3. He made 1.

The blocking was horrible on that side. The player on the end whiffed on the inside and outside guy.

I feel better about and for Cole knowing it was a block.
And even if it wasn't... it's happened countless times before and will happen again... it sucks but we didn't lose that game on one play alone.