They just fainted in Charlottesville | Syracusefan.com

They just fainted in Charlottesville

Why? We still control our own destiny and have VTech, Miami & Notre Dame between now and March 1 :)

I was only surprised that it was as close as it was.

"I was only surprised that it was as close as it was." Our guys were obviously exhausted from 3 games in 7 days (we only play 7 guys) and it was their super bowl. They played well and even some people here have said that they probably should have won. Our guys find a way!

Last edited:
"I was only surprised that it was as close as it was." Our guys were obviously exhausted from 3 games in 7 days (we only play 7 guys) and it was there super bowl. They played well and even some people here have said that they probably should have won. Our guys find a way!

I'm still not sure why people keep saying this three games in 7 days thing. Don't they usually play three games in 8 days? Does the one extra day really give them that much relief?

Yes, I know we only play 6 guys with any regularity, but I'm sure JB accounts for that during practice time by not beating them up.

I was only surprised that it was as close as it was.
and I'm surprised how your team doesn't really play well until the last 8 minutes of a game, and how Clemson basically gifted your team the game through sheer incompetence. :noidea:

and I'm surprised how your team doesn't really play well until the last 8 minutes of a game, and how Clemson basically gifted your team the game through sheer incompetence. :noidea:

LOL. A Syracuse fan talking about gifts and opposing team incompetence. Priceless. You should do a little research or maybe even watch a game. We've won nine of our 12 conference games by double figures and led by 20 or more in the second half of eight of those games, including winning at NC State by 31. Looking forward to March 1.

LOL. A Syracuse fan talking about gifts and opposing team incompetence. Priceless. You should do a little research or maybe even watch a game. We've won nine of our 12 conference games by double figures and led by 20 or more in the second half of eight of those games, including winning at NC State by 31. Looking forward to March 1.
W is a W. Nothing is won until April. See you in Charlottesville.

Oh, the confidence an unbalanced league schedule breeds.

I'm not talking about other games. I'm talking about the game yesterday in which your team played like crap for most of the game and then needed some luck and bad execution by a mediocre opponent to pull out a win. Kind of like the game we played yesterday that seems to have the whole ACC up in arms about how we didn't deserve to win.
I must say… awfully cocky for a fanbase whose team lost by 35 to a middle-of-pack SEC and couldn't even score 40 at home against a middle-of-pack big10 team (and who hasn't beaten anyone of consequence since)

You also lost to Tennessee by 35.
We've won ALL of our conference games.

Likewise. And you're ceiling, even with a win over us in that game, is a #3 seed. But I'm sure you guys would be ecstatic with that. Been a lonnnggggg time see the Wahoos were relevant.

Cheers,
Neil

Likewise. And you're ceiling, even with a win over us in that game, is a #3 seed. But I'm sure you guys would be ecstatic with that. Been a lonnnggggg time see the Wahoos were relevant.

Cheers,
Neil

It's "your" ceiling. Must not have studied in the excellent Communications department at your University? Not too worried about what our ceiling is, I'm pretty happy with the way our season has played out and the future looks good as well. As for you guys, we'll see what happens, but in my book your team is the weakest No. 1 I've seen in any sport since Luke Donald!

Cheers,

It's "your" ceiling. Must not have studied in the excellent Communications department at your University? Not too worried about what our ceiling is, I'm pretty happy with the way our season has played out and the future looks good as well. As for you guys, we'll see what happens, but in my book your team is the weakest No. 1 I've seen in any sport since Luke Donald!

Cheers,

Wait until we kick YOUR Hoo asses on 3/1. Have a great day!

Cheers,
You shall rue the day you made that comment.

Cheers,
Please...child.

Oh, the confidence an unbalanced league schedule breeds.

I mentioned this in another thread, but so far I think you would have to say UVA has played a tougher schedule in conference. By the end of the year that will flip, since we're still going to Duke and UVA, plus Maryland and FSU. But the toughest road game we have played in league so far is @Pitt. UVA has played @Pitt, plus @ Duke. Pitt and Duke are third and fifth in the ACC standings; Carolina is sandwiched between them, both teams have played UNC at home. You've then got 4 teams at 6-6 or 6-7, Clemson, NC State, FSU, and Maryland. We've played 2 games against those teams, State and Clemson at home. UVA has played 5 games against those 4 teams; FSU and Maryland at home, plus FSU, State, and Clemson on the road.

By the end of the season, that will probably flip, cause of the tough road games we have coming up, but so far, we've probably been the beneficiaries of the unbalanced schedule compared to UVA.

Cheers,

This is just a stupid comment. Not even Kentucky 2 years ago, North carolina 3-4 years ago and the back to back florida championship teams probably started out anywhere near 25-0. . And those were the best championship teams of the last dozen years. nuff said.

And do your research cuse teams tend to keep games close, blowing people out means little to nothing when it leads to a worse record.

I mentioned this in another thread, but so far I think you would have to say UVA has played a tougher schedule in conference. By the end of the year that will flip, since we're still going to Duke and UVA, plus Maryland and FSU. But the toughest road game we have played in league so far is @Pitt. UVA has played @Pitt, plus @ Duke. Pitt and Duke are third and fifth in the ACC standings; Carolina is sandwiched between them, both teams have played UNC at home. You've then got 4 teams at 6-6 or 6-7, Clemson, NC State, FSU, and Maryland. We've played 2 games against those teams, State and Clemson at home. UVA has played 5 games against those 4 teams; FSU and Maryland at home, plus FSU, State, and Clemson on the road.

By the end of the season, that will probably flip, cause of the tough road games we have coming up, but so far, we've probably been the beneficiaries of the unbalanced schedule compared to UVA.
We both got UNC when they were struggling, they seem to be putting it together now. Duke on the other hand, UVA played them when Duke was all out of sorts, we are actually playing the real Duke team. I would say us having to play Pitt twice is equivalent to them having to play 3 more teams in the middle of the pack.

However, UVA is good. No denying that.

Cheers,
hatersgonnahate_05d460_3317189.jpg

Ugh, I suck, for some reason I totally blanked on us playing Pitt twice already. I'm not sure how I did that.

They did get Duke when they weren't playing as well, but they also got them in Cameron. Like I said, by the end of the year, we'll have the tougher schedule. But right now I don't see that.

I would say us having to play Pitt twice is equivalent to them having to play 3 more teams in the middle of the pack.

It's basically just an additional home game vs Pitt; since we both went there. That's probably pretty close to the equivalent of the trip to Clemson they had. (In a vacuum, probably different since Pitt is a team that traditionally plays us very tough)

Cheers,

This from a UVA basketball fan? Seriously, you haven' t been relevent since Sampson. This season so far is about as good as you could ever hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom