They just fainted in Charlottesville | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

They just fainted in Charlottesville

Where did you have SU? Who were your top 5? Just curious?

Had Duke & Cuse tied at 1, UVa & UNC tied at 3 but that was when I thought they'd have Hairston. Notre Dame 5...losing Grant has made their year a trainwreck.

Had Duke & Cuse tied at 1, UVa & UNC tied at 3 but that was when I thought they'd have Hairston. Notre Dame 5...losing Grant has made their year a trainwreck.

Not a bad preseason list.

SRHoo , aren't you a little worried about VaTech. You have a night game at their gym and they seem to be coming together.

SRHoo , aren't you a little worried about VaTech. You have a night game at their gym and they seem to be coming together.

Hopefully won't eat these words, but not really. Maryland worries me, but the next 3 before 'Cuse would shock me if we dropped one.

We beat Tech by 20 in Cville in a game that really wasn't as close as the score, if that's possible in a 20 pt. win. They're just not that good...it would take a combination of them playing their best game of the year, and us playing our worst to leave Blacksburg with an L.

Not a bad preseason list.

Thanks...Notre Dame is the one that has totally thrown my list off. Figured Duke, SU, UVa & UNC were locks for the tournament. Thought Maryland would be better. Had Pitt & FSU on the bubble, and believe it or not, BC. They've underachieved the worst IMO...at least ND has the Grant excuse.

Clemson is the one I underrated pretty bad. I had them just above VTech, near the basement. Brad B. has done a great job there this year...he'd get serious ACC COY consideration if SU wasn't undefeated, and UVa hadn't exceeded expectations. At this point it's gotta go to Boeheim or Bennett though.

I respect Bennett as a coach, but his teams only have so high of a ceiling. He did a great job at Washington St, but his style of play just doesn't attract players. He is the ultimate grind you out on offense, while he clutches and grabs you on defense type of coach. It works well, and I expect UVA to be an upper half ACC school under his watch. But when it comes to the big picture they are sweet 16, maybe once in a while elite 8 at best.

I do expect it to be a battle on March 1st. I wouldn't be shocked if Syracuse drops the game. One of the big drawbacks on an unbalanced schedule.

It would be silly for me or any UVa fan to argue our place in history against Syracuse. From 1981-1995 we had a very respectable 15 year run with 2 FF's, and 3 other Elite 8's. It hasn't been pretty since 1995, but Bennett has the program on the right track, and I'm confident he'll have us near the top of the ACC and a regular in the NCAA's for a long time.

The pleasantries...I have nothing but respect for Boeheim and your program. He's built Syracuse into a national power without the storied histories of Kentucky, North Carolina, UCLA, Indiana, etc. He's done it the right way, with good talent, but without rosters loaded with Burger Boys. He has a system in place, and IMO is one of the best x's & o's guys in the business...probably ever.

This Syracuse team deserves the #1 ranking, and despite close games, you've managed to do something no one except Wichita State has done...avoid tripping up. We haven't done that, you have. That said, this is a VERY different UVa team from the one that was finding its identity in Nov & Dec, and lost some we shouldn't have OOC.

However, when I look at 'Cuse right now, I see a team that isn't very deep, and a little vulnerable. Future could certainly prove me wrong, but I feel good about our chances in Charlottesville.

I think you are pretty spot on. We play, and may the best team win. Go Orange

Only thing I heard.
[quote="Hoonatic, post: 944937, member: 4409"Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah your team (is) No. 1!

Cheers,[/quote]

Gee thanks, I know we're number 1! Looking forward to the game. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom