They're going to blow the doors off bad teams | Syracusefan.com

They're going to blow the doors off bad teams

Lamar Jackson has 13 touchdowns this year. In like 5 quarters.

Give the man some credit.

Fundamentally, I agree with the OP. People need to take a step back and realize how good these athletes are that we're playing against. That we are moving the ball against them--and I'm not talking Pyrrhic victories here, there's a lot of football left to be played this game--then I am MUCH more confident about our ability to move the ball and score pointsagainst the NC States, the WFs, the BCs.

Have to find six wins.

Win or lose tonight, glad the rock fights are in the rear view mirror.

The problem is we don't play many bad teams this year. However, I think our offense may overwhelm equally talented teams and will keep us competitive all year. Two games into this season and I like what I'm seeing.

The problem is we don't play many bad teams this year. However, I think our offense may overwhelm equally talented teams and will keep us competitive all year. Two games into this season and I like what I'm seeing.

Agreed. No more rock fights.

We're playing a pretty good team tonight, and we have major issues at OL, DE, and in the secondary. This is going to look a lot different when we aren't playing teams that score 3 touchdowns in 4 plays.

Not going to sweat the worst defensive performance in any sport in human history

This year is just make some noise and win six and have fun

Stats rule the world. I see points and we haven't given up nearly the amount of points that equal the worst performance.

We're playing a pretty good team tonight, and we have major issues at OL, DE, and in the secondary. This is going to look a lot different when we aren't playing teams that score 3 touchdowns in 4 plays.
It's not even a pretty good team. We are playing a legitimate top 10 team. If it wasn't for Clemson, they would be a legitimate ACC title contender.

As long as we don't run the ball on 3rd down being down 21 points I'll watch.

I would much rather lose 50-42 than 13-10. A season and a half from now when our talent has risen and our systems are fully implemented this team will be dangerous. This year, a bowl game (although not mandatory) along with an exciting, signature brand of football sounds pretty good to me.

Not going to sweat the worst defensive performance in any sport in human history

This year is just make some noise and win six and have fun
I can't help but feel extremely disappointed. Louisville did everything they could to keep SU in the game and they still blew the doors off of us. Aside from two or three plays Dungey was poor tonight. And the offensive line is terrible.

And don't get me started on the worst kick return team I've ever seen in watching SU football for 25 years.

The talent differential tonight reminded me of the Gerg Error. I thought we had made more progress than that.

I can't help but feel extremely disappointed. Louisville did everything they could to keep SU in the game and they still blew the doors off of us. Aside from two or three plays Dungey was poor tonight. And the offensive line is terrible.

And don't get me started on the worst kick return team I've ever seen in watching SU football for 25 years.

The talent differential tonight reminded me of the Gerg Error. I thought we had made more progress than that.
this qb is going to make everyone look stupid, i'm not sweating it too much. it's gonna be like 2013 except we'll be able to move the ball - 2 seasons, get smoked by good teams, beat your peers.

this qb is going to make everyone look stupid, i'm not sweating it too much. it's gonna be like 2013 except we'll be able to move the ball - 2 seasons, get smoked by good teams, beat your peers.

Fingers crossed on that. Because that's the path to a bowl.

A little over-reaction, no?

Yup nothing has changed. UsF, UCONN, ncstate, Pitt, wake, bc, vt. We'll move the ball and score points. And nobody but Clemson will have a QB that runs like this. We're still in good shape.

Last edited:
Seeing the thread title, I assumed it was something a Louisville fan said prior to the game.

Pretty terrible day, but seriously (and it's hard to do after sitting through it) we have to remember it's game two of an overhaul.]

Maybe, but I honestly don't think so. What in my post is hyperbole?

The Gerg part of it to begin with. Extreme disappointment. Worst kick return ever. Dungey was poor. I'm just saying maybe tonight wasn't quite as bad as all of that.

Maybe if FSU, Clemson and LV go undefeated (except for the games they play each other) then the ACC will realize having the 3 best teams in the league in the same division needs to be changed.

If that happens ACC will lose a playoff spot because of it.

PhatOrange said:
Yup nothing has changed. UsF, UCONN, ncstate, Pitt, wake, bc. We'll move the ball and score points. And nobody but Clemson will have a QB that runs like this. We're still in good shape.

I think we just saw the Heisman winner. FSU/Clemson/ND - I don't think we have the horses. BC/UCONN/Wake - they won't keep up. I'm not sold on Pitt's O yet. USF and NC State are pure toss ups.

It was a 2 score game in the 4th quarter after getting hammered in the 1st

That's the light at the end of the tunnel.

But Louisville had wide open receivers all day ... Could have scored a lot more

Dowels and Cordy go down.

And did our players shrink over the past year?

The Gerg part of it to begin with. Extreme disappointment. Worst kick return ever. Dungey was poor. I'm just saying maybe tonight wasn't quite as bad as all of that.
Dungey had < a 50% completion percentage. Our kick return team had approx. 100 returns and couldn't reach the 25 yard line.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom