Thickburger Impressing.. | Syracusefan.com

Thickburger Impressing..

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
1 minute ago - by Thomas Casale - Unheralded Fair continues to impress
PF C.J. Fair was the least heralded player in Syracuse’s 2010 recruiting class but made the biggest impact, averaging 6.4 points and 3.9 rebounds. Fair has been Syracuse’s most impressive player in practice. He's is a relentless rebounder, strong defender and an improved jump shot makes him a bigger scoring threat. Orange RapidReports

After watching CJ last year I never had a doubt that he'd eventually develop into a special player. I hope this is the year.

Afterall he is the best player on the team and if he continues to work on his game a future nba first rounder.

He is a true-blue NBA 3. I feel like he'd fit great in San Antonio. Low key guy, willing to rebound.

Not sure that special.
Something about his game reminds me of JDub. Don't know if he will stick for 4 years though if he really takes off.

question...heard and read Christmas at PF so that means CJ comes off the bench...is that still the way it looks

question...heard and read Christmas at PF so that means CJ comes off the bench...is that still the way it looks

Based on nothing, I expect Christmas to have a frosh season similar to Fab's. CJ will get a lot of minutes whether he's starting or not.

Agree with that entirely, orange03. I just don't get the sense that Rak is going to be particularly effective this year. I hope I'm wrong, of course. CJ will get the lion's share of the minutes at the 4, though he's clearly a 3 through and through.

Agree with that entirely, orange03. I just don't get the sense that Rak is going to be particularly effective this year. I hope I'm wrong, of course. CJ will get the lion's share of the minutes at the 4, though he's clearly a 3 through and through.

I'm thinking 20 minutes at the 4 and somewhere between 5-10 at the 3. I'll go with a 10 point and 6 rebound average.

CJ is the main reason this year's team is so interesting. When CJ is in at the 4 instead of BMK or XMas, the offensive and defensive dynamics are completely different. CJ and KJo on the floor at the same time will be difficult for a lot of opposing teams to match-up against. They should also both be very quick to cover the wing out of the 2-3. JB tends to like size over quickness at the 4. I suspect that BMK or Xmas get the start at the 4. There will be a quick hook for either Fab or the guy playing the 4. CJ probably averages about 25 minutes per game.

Everybody seems to be worried about who is going to start at the 4, but I dont see how the starter makes much of a difference wins and losses wise over the course of the season.

What will make a difference is PT. Fiar is going to get plenty of PT, and I dont think that is in doubt at all.

The real pre-season/early season battle in my mind is Christmas vs. Southerland. Odds are one will play much more than the other when games are on the line. I see that as the real battle.

I'm not too concerned over whether Fair starts or not because either way, he should get plenty of minutes.

I think Christmas will be better than Fab was last year, maybe 6/4 in 10-15 minutes per game with most of his points coming from within three feet of the basket.

Everybody seems to be worried about who is going to start at the 4, but I dont see how the starter makes much of a difference wins and losses wise over the course of the season.

What will make a difference is PT. Fiar is going to get plenty of PT, and I dont think that is in doubt at all.

The real pre-season/early season battle in my mind is Christmas vs. Southerland. Odds are one will play much more than the other when games are on the line. I see that as the real battle.

I've backed Southy for a while, but the fact Fair is younger, steadier, and apparently on the verge of a strong second campaign, means no run for James. The 4 will be split in half between Fair and Rak/Baye. IMO opinion Rak gets the nod to start though.

The kid just has a nose for the ball. I thought he had a decent mid range game last year he just never showed it.

Do people realize that RAK only averaged 10 pts per game in HS? I do not expect much scoring from him in his frosh year. Since our centers lack a go to move, and are thyus not consistent scorers, I do not see a non-scorer starting at the 4. South cannot start unless he learns how to board. That leaves CJ.

I see Rak starting at the 4 with CJ getting most of the mins at the 4 say 25/gm. Fab and Baye split the center mins 20/20. I think Southland gets mins at the 3 behind KJo say 10-12 a game and our three headed monster at the guard spots. 9 players get mins. this year.

What I've seen and heard to date, Christmas is looking like another Terrance Roberts at this point.

Do people realize that RAK only averaged 10 pts per game in HS? I do not expect much scoring from him in his frosh year. Since our centers lack a go to move, and are thyus not consistent scorers, I do not see a non-scorer starting at the 4. South cannot start unless he learns how to board. That leaves CJ.

I don't think anybody has intimated that they expect Rak to score much. Rak is going to start (at this point) b/c he HAS been starting in practice with the first team. That being said, there is no way he plays more minutes than Fair and it will make Southerland's minutes interesting...and now Mookie is a forward as well so South and him can fight it out ;).

But... but... he's the next Hak based on his wide open no defense cherry picking dunks in Midnight Madness! You didn't see that? He's amazing!

From my observences Basketball is a game of runs and JB is going to start the best lineup to go on runs in the second half. Unless hes expecting a player to really break out all of a sudden he might give them the first 5 minutes. It sounds like JB's not expecting that from Rak in the second half of games the first half of the season but we will have to wait and see.

The thing is
Triche/Dion could be the guy for the job that day.
Scoop or MCW could be the guy for the job that day.

If I had to make a wild guess Rak will be a hot commidity when we run a more perimeter orientated game which probably points to him being in with Triche then Dion more. Whoever can put a missed three softer off the rim maybe.

I agree with Bees this year. JB is going to play his best guys to get the best winning chemistry on the court. Our recruiting is already up there, 012 is already great, 013 has some nice openings for friends like Noels Goodluck Boswell and whoever. Our other guys will get better the next few years, and this will be a great learning experience for them.

Nice to see our bench so deep that its humbling even to wait a year or two to play here. Now thats the Syracuse basketball we all know and love!!

1 minute ago - by Thomas Casale - Unheralded Fair continues to impress
PF C.J. Fair was the least heralded player in Syracuse’s 2010 recruiting class but made the biggest impact, averaging 6.4 points and 3.9 rebounds. Fair has been Syracuse’s most impressive player in practice. He's is a relentless rebounder, strong defender and an improved jump shot makes him a bigger scoring threat. Orange RapidReports

The best thing about this post? We've heard Triche has been the most impressive. We've heard Waiters has been the most impressive. This says Fair has been the most impressive. We've heard Melo is the most improved. That's 3 players that we've heard as the most impressive. We haven't heard much about Scoop nor KJo. That's a good thing and I mean that in a positive way. We have a ton of talent.

Years ago I said, over and over again, that our recruiting would go through the roof as JB's reputation would grow over time. His reputation is now fully flourished and hopefully we can ride it for several more years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom