things are never as bad as they seem | Syracusefan.com

things are never as bad as they seem

jgeorge322

Living Legend
or as good as they seem. the truth typically lies in the middle. kudos to jb for piecing together a team that is flawed just like every other college bball team but fun to watch.

the team is 34 in the nation in offensive efficiency.
18-19 - 183
17-18 - 225
16-17 - 38
15-16 - 116
14-15 - 188
13-14 - 45
12-13 - 60
11-12 - 11
10-11 - 36
9-10 - 7

Disagree. They were bad, really bad. Both ends were playing poorly. We got smoked by a bad Okie St team, Iowa at home, Gtown and weren’t competitive against Penn St. times were bad but our offense has gotten better, with shots finally falling a bit more consistent, Marek getting better and Buddy finding other ways to score. The D still kind of stinks but so have our opponents, so that’s helped.

i think we’re also seeing just how down college hoops is this year. Have to take advantage of that, which we may be starting to finally do. Too bad we blew the games against VT and ND, because those could be crucial if we keep winning games.

Disagree. They were bad, really bad. Both ends were playing poorly. We got smoked by a bad Okie St team, Iowa at home, Gtown and weren’t competitive against Penn St. times were bad but our offense has gotten better, with shots finally falling a bit more consistent, Marek getting better and Buddy finding other ways to score. The D still kind of stinks but so have our opponents, so that’s helped.

i think we’re also seeing just how down college hoops is this year. Have to take advantage of that, which we may be starting to finally do. Too bad we blew the games against VT and ND, because those could be crucial if we keep winning games.

i meant more big picture. Weve all been saying college bball is down for like 5 plus years now.

i meant more big picture. Weve all been saying college bball is down for like 5 plus years now.
Yeah for sure. Still, we aren’t exactly in that great of a spot in the big picture. Yes, it looks better than a month ago but we’re still far from where we’ve been or where we want to be. I wish we’d be taking more advantage of a weaker college game instead of being more of a casualty of it.

Yeah for sure. Still, we aren’t exactly in that great of a spot in the big picture. Yes, it looks better than a month ago but we’re still far from where we’ve been or where we want to be. I wish we’d be taking more advantage of a weaker college game instead of being more of a casualty of it.

I know the OP added numbers comparing season over season, but I took his point to be that we are seeing the team improve over the course of this season. We will never improve so much that we aren’t a limited team without a roster change, but we can be a better version of that limited team.

Last edited:
or as good as they seem. the truth typically lies in the middle. kudos to jb for piecing together a team that is flawed just like every other college bball team but fun to watch.

18-19 - 183
17-18 - 225
16-17 - 38
15-16 - 116
14-15 - 188
13-14 - 45
12-13 - 60
11-12 - 11
10-11 - 36
9-10 - 7
I looked a few hours ago and we had jumped to 26 in off efficiency (50th overallon KenPom). Our steadily improving offense has been impressing more and more over the past month. And the crazy thing is, I think they can get better—certainly on the defensive end. All that said, this is a historically weak year for College basketball.

18-19 - 183
17-18 - 225
16-17 - 38
15-16 - 116
14-15 - 188
13-14 - 45
12-13 - 60
11-12 - 11
10-11 - 36
9-10 - 7
Where are you getting these numbers? We we not 183 last year in off efficiency. We were in the top 70 or 80, top 30 for defensive efficiency.

I'm not quite sure what you expected early in the season. The games we lost were because we weren't functioning as a team. Since that time, we've improved every game. It's a real credit to the team and the coaches.

If we were the team we are now we would have won most if not all of those early games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom