Things i saw | Syracusefan.com

Things i saw

shu 49

All Conference
Look i know a lot of things went wrong this weekend. A lot of bad calls bye the coaches, Kyle not being nearly as crisp as usual, our oline being a sive bye both tackles, and our absolute lack of double covering the only true weapon they had on 4 th and 9. In all this, i am still happy we have Brown and his coaches. Look, biggest thing is we need to know they are gonna make mistakes being first time heads except for Nixon. Nixon was just being meatheaded about his calls cause if i know what we r gonna run being a guy who had some hs experiance they sure as hell know also. We got outcoached , but i think they will learn from this. Biggest things i saw wrong were OT, both of them, were exploited bye their extra wide ends just speed rushing and dippin bye to qb. They have incredible size but dont seem to have any bend in hips and 0 explosive kick back. Watch other teams do same thing. Villari whom i love and Mang no block. Looks more like a game of oley. If we wanna run and tell them we r gonna, run with 7 olinemen. Hatcher makes plays but he really doest try at all when he cant or doesnt think he has a chance on the ball. He seems to have a lot of quit in him. Other receivers looked great. Backs were good. No room to run most plays but they tried. Special teams for the most part didnt make mistakes. Looked pretty ok. Defensively, i do see at dline Diggs does as others noted blindly run right past qb upfield. Gotta be a way to slow him down a bit. Watson is gonna be good. Man am i excited for him. Not great rushing QB but man he pushes his guys back during run plays and minute he sees back he gets off block amazingly quickly. Jobity did good. I ripped mcdonald in first game but he played well yesterday i thought. Didnt get blocked easily and came downhill and made plays. Secondary needs some help. Grant i feel is better at safety. He is a playmaker back there. Number 1 is overmatched at corner. Not fast enough nor tall enough. Duece did good i thought. Hoping Barnes isnt out too long. I was pissed Friday night but now i am straight in my thoughts and expect everyone too improve, coaches and players. Lets f go boys.

Look i know a lot of things went wrong this weekend. A lot of bad calls bye the coaches, Kyle not being nearly as crisp as usual, our oline being a sive bye both tackles, and our absolute lack of double covering the only true weapon they had on 4 th and 9. In all this, i am still happy we have Brown and his coaches. Look, biggest thing is we need to know they are gonna make mistakes being first time heads except for Nixon. Nixon was just being meatheaded about his calls cause if i know what we r gonna run being a guy who had some hs experiance they sure as hell know also. We got outcoached , but i think they will learn from this. Biggest things i saw wrong were OT, both of them, were exploited bye their extra wide ends just speed rushing and dippin bye to qb. They have incredible size but dont seem to have any bend in hips and 0 explosive kick back. Watch other teams do same thing. Villari whom i love and Mang no block. Looks more like a game of oley. If we wanna run and tell them we r gonna, run with 7 olinemen. Hatcher makes plays but he really doest try at all when he cant or doesnt think he has a chance on the ball. He seems to have a lot of quit in him. Other receivers looked great. Backs were good. No room to run most plays but they tried. Special teams for the most part didnt make mistakes. Looked pretty ok. Defensively, i do see at dline Diggs does as others noted blindly run right past qb upfield. Gotta be a way to slow him down a bit. Watson is gonna be good. Man am i excited for him. Not great rushing QB but man he pushes his guys back during run plays and minute he sees back he gets off block amazingly quickly. Jobity did good. I ripped mcdonald in first game but he played well yesterday i thought. Didnt get blocked easily and came downhill and made plays. Secondary needs some help. Grant i feel is better at safety. He is a playmaker back there. Number 1 is overmatched at corner. Not fast enough nor tall enough. Duece did good i thought. Hoping Barnes isnt out too long. I was pissed Friday night but now i am straight in my thoughts and expect everyone too improve, coaches and players. Lets f go boys.
Interesting observations. Thanks for your thoughts.

Gill didnt run one route against a man D that he beat. He did run several that he found holes in the D. Hatcher was a holding call from a huge game.

He needs more strength to get turned around better on those timing back shoulder throws

What I saw? Gadsden needs to be a leader, not underperform the rest of the game because of two absolutely bone headed penalties.

Paragraphs are your friend

Not sure how Hatcher can catch heat after Friday. His best game by a mile.
He had one play where he didn’t fight foul for a ball that was picked off earlier in the year. He had an excellent game Friday and was a big reason we came back . I guess we don’t allow one mistake here !

He can get open deep but he struggles to make a challenged catch. He had 2 chances on 3rd downs last game and didn't come through. IMO we should only throw it to him if he is wide open deep. Can't trust him otherwise.
Wasn't that long completion that was called back a contested pass?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom