Things to do in Colorado (Fall time)? | Syracusefan.com

Things to do in Colorado (Fall time)?

Cuse House

All American
Booked a week trip to Colorado in the middle of September. I have never been out West and always wanted to see the Rocky Mountains. Leaving Syracuse on the 12th and flying to Denver. Planning a day or two in the National Park doing some hiking. Anyone from that area have any ideas for the rest of the week? Staying in Breckenridge. Thanks!

Nature's playground. The question isn't what can you do, its what do you like to do? Camping, hiking, biking, rock climbing, river rafting, fishing, golfing, kayaking, ziplining, horseback riding, brewery hopping, spas...

Boulder is a great spot, like 40 or so from Denver. Vail is also beautiful. 2 summers ago was out there for a wedding at the top of a mountain. Amazing experience. Very touristy spot in the winter months with the skiing.

I moved to Colorado Springs in 2015. Wonderful place. My suggestion would be to go anywhere except Denver. Denver is more LA than Colorado. There are hot springs everywhere. The outdoor areas are magnificent. As a specific suggestion, if you have the money look at Gateway Canyons in the far west, Telluride, Breckinridge and Estes Park are spectacular. Also, get a National Park pass and drive from Estes Park to Steamboat Springs.

Garden of the Gods (Colorado Springs) and Trail Ridge Road (Estes Park) are great. Trail Ridge Rd is a big-time drive, slightly scary at times but fun

Best guy to ask is ssbriefcase .
Wow kind of late to the party. Alert's have hardly ever worked for me on this site for some reason, just happened to run across this.

Cuse House , so I take it you're going to Rocky Mountain National Park? Do you know where you're going there? If you're into hiking a good distance and elevation, I'd recommend The Loch in RMNP, it's amazing, google it. There's a ton of stunning hikes in there though, but that's a personal favorite.

What are you into or looking to do, if anything besides hiking? Driving around sight seeing, fishing, just hiking? Might be a little late for rafting. I can definitely run down a list of almost anything for anyone to do, anywhere in CO. Breck is a great jumping off point to a ton of places. You can get as detailed as you want to with requests or questions. I travel the state for work on almost a daily basis, and we travel the state on weekends for fishing and our "death march" hikes to alpine lakes up around 12,000'.

Stayed in Breck in August. Lots of hiking and hanging out in the cool mountain air.
I’ll make one recommendation. If you’re looking for a golf course, try the Keystone River Course. Great condition. Fantastic views. Elevated tees everywhere. Had a really fun time there. Best mountain course I’ve ever played by far.

Florange44

Estes Park is amazing. I would highly recommend if you can seeing the Air Force campus. It's fantastic. West Point of the West.

Booked a week trip to Colorado in the middle of September. I have never been out West and always wanted to see the Rocky Mountains. Leaving Syracuse on the 12th and flying to Denver. Planning a day or two in the National Park doing some hiking. Anyone from that area have any ideas for the rest of the week? Staying in Breckenridge. Thanks!
Hope you are still able to take this trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom