Things we need to avoid to make a deep run | Syracusefan.com

Things we need to avoid to make a deep run

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
This team has shown the ability to put together a 25 game win streak, so I assume they have the ability to win 3 or 4 games in the NCAA tourney if they play up to their full potential. That being said, it's all about match ups and draw in the tourney. Some things I'd like to avoid seeing in our draw:

• Great defensive teams: our offense is so mediocre that we can't afford to run into a team that plays lock down d (like Butler a few years ago)
  • Teams that play great against our zone: I'm talking about you Lville. Give me a draw full of B12 and B1G teams. I don't want to see ex-Big East teams in our path.
  • Teams with an elite player than can go for 30+: TJ Warren type players that are great a getting points from anywhere against our zone.
Any other additions?

Maybe teams with a center who is a big part of their offense considering Rak's propensity to pick up quick fouls?

We need to avoid losing in order to be able to make a deep run.

We need to avoid losing in order to be able to make a deep run.
200_s.gif

I'll add this one- a veteran team who has been to multiple NCAA tournaments. Yes Harvard, I am talking about you. Would much rather play a Colorado in the 1st game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom