Thinking about going to my first home game this season. | Syracusefan.com

Thinking about going to my first home game this season.

David332

All American
I’ve never been to the Carrier Dome, planning on getting tickets to a game this season. Which home game do you think would be best for my first game?

9/11 vs Rutgers
9/18 vs UAlbany
9/24 vs Liberty
10/9 vs Wake Forrest
10/15 vs Clemson (tickets are more expensive though)
10/30 vs Boston College
11/27 vs Pitt

I’ve never been to the Carrier Dome, planning on getting tickets to a game this season. Which home game do you think would be best for my first game?

9/11 vs Rutgers
9/18 vs UAlbany
9/24 vs Liberty
10/9 vs Wake Forrest
10/30 vs Boston College
11/27 vs Pitt
Clemson on a Friday night should be a fun atmosphere regardless of what our record is at that point. And there’s a chance you’ll see something special while the rest of the games are more just, games.

If not Clemson I would imagine (hope) that the first game with fans back in the Dome should be fun so Rutgers is my second choice.

Probably the Clemson game OP. It's on a Friday so I fully expect us to lose...
gbo, who is us in this sentence? I'm assuming you mean Clemson. Definitely expect Syracuse to be improved this year and would love for Syracuse to win this one but going from a 1-10 season to beating Clemson seems unlikely. But I like where your head is at. Even if Syracuse doesn't pick up the win it could be a great game and should be an amazing atmosphere.

Reactions: gbo
Rutgers or Clemson

If you have the extra coin, absolutely do Clemson. Just an entirely different feel and atmosphere (students actually show *half tongue in cheek*)

gbo, who is us in this sentence? I'm assuming you mean Clemson. Definitely expect Syracuse to be improved this year and would love for Syracuse to win this one but going from a 1-10 season to beating Clemson seems unlikely. But I like where your head is at. Even if Syracuse doesn't pick up the win it could be a great game and should be an amazing atmosphere.
Think GBO is being a bit sarcastic, and referencing the last time we played them on a Friday night...we won.

Where do you live? Is this going to require travel? I ask only because as someone who grew up outside of Syracuse and didn't go to school there timing of a visit is really important. I think the fall days are the best up there.

9/11 vs Rutgers
9/18 vs UAlbany
9/24 vs Liberty
10/9 vs Wake Forrest
10/30 vs Boston College
11/27 vs Pitt
Buy a season ticket for $125 with a friend. You won't regret it.

Buy a season ticket for $125 with a friend. You won't regret it.
Definitely considering it. Would be bringing my wife with me and she’s not really in to sports in general; the heightened atmosphere of playing against Clemson might make it more exciting for her, and thus easier for me to spend more money down the road on future tickets!

Where do you live? Is this going to require travel? I ask only because as someone who grew up outside of Syracuse and didn't go to school there timing of a visit is really important. I think the fall days are the best up there.
I’m in Ballston just next to Clifton Park (Saratoga County). Syracuse is 2 hours away so not too bad. A fun road trip really.

Go to Albany and you will end up buying season tickets. Games are fantastic take advantage of them while you can. If only 1 go to Rutgers or Clemson
Honestly with season tickets starting at $125 for SEVEN games that's the way to go, even if you can only make 3 or 4 games. You can sell the rest on the secondary market and maybe even come out ahead!

didnt they at one time talk about a package where you could try out seats? so you could try the cheap seats out but from different locations a couple times so you had a better idea what seats you liked?

I’m in Ballston just next to Clifton Park (Saratoga County). Syracuse is 2 hours away so not too bad. A fun road trip really.
If your wife is indifferent to watching football, then she needs to be sold on atmosphere. Clemson will give her that false sense of "Wow, this is what a home game atmosphere at Syracuse is?" It may be enough to keep her coming back for more. This is how I tricked my nephew into becoming a Cuse football fan. He was mildly interested in college football. I took him to the home Louisville game in out 10-3 year, and he fell in love with the atmosphere, and the big plays. I got him hooked. Following clunkers of a season, he's now mad at me for getting him hooked.

Definitely considering it. Would be bringing my wife with me and she’s not really in to sports in general; the heightened atmosphere of playing against Clemson might make it more exciting for her, and thus easier for me to spend more money down the road on future tickets!
There's a lot of downside built into the Clemson game though. It'll start heightened at a level that none of the other games will be able to match but it's also very possible to be getting smoked by half time and people leaving and not a lot of great moments. There is the 10% chance or so that we pull off a miracle and it's one of the greatest sporting events of your life.

My wife likes hockey and baseball and men who aren't afraid to cry. But not football or basketball.

The alcohol sales at the Dome get her through it.

Or I just don't bring her... if she lets me.

Rutger's or Albany.

Rutger's is season opener so hope springs eternal. Also a should win and added benefit of having all the in person football fiends back in the stadium in over a year. Atmosphere should be very good.

Albany if you want to see a for sure W which may help hook your wife for future games.

AC is now functional in the dome correct? If not, I'd wait til the Wake game. Dome gets steamy in September otherwise and not as enjoyable for someone indifferent to the game itself.

Honestly with season tickets starting at $125 for SEVEN games that's the way to go, even if you can only make 3 or 4 games. You can sell the rest on the secondary market and maybe even come out ahead!

Whoops didn’t even see you said this and I basically said the same thing LOL

Season tickets are definitely enticing but I work overnights on Fridays and Saturdays so will have to take time off to go to a game, which is why it will most likely be a one game a year type of thing. Great suggestion though guys otherwise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom