Thinking of doing 2-3 weeks in Nashville this summer | Syracusefan.com

Thinking of doing 2-3 weeks in Nashville this summer

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
So my family and my sister-in-law's family are all considering heading to Nashville this summer for a small chunk of time, like 2-3 weeks, since we can all work remote and trade off watching each other's kids while the grown ups explore.

Anybody have recommendations of neighborhoods to look for airbnbs in and stuff to do, places to eat, experiences that you just gotta have if you go to Nashville? We're also open to exploring anything within a 3ish hour drive.

Thanks in advance to anyone with some insight.

I have friends who live in Franklin and love it. I know that there are airbnbs there, but have no specific details on them.

So my family and my sister-in-law's family are all considering heading to Nashville this summer for a small chunk of time, like 2-3 weeks, since we can all work remote and trade off watching each other's kids while the grown ups explore.

Anybody have recommendations of neighborhoods to look for airbnbs in and stuff to do, places to eat, experiences that you just gotta have if you go to Nashville? We're also open to exploring anything within a 3ish hour drive.

Thanks in advance to anyone with some insight.

I had to go to Huntsville, AL for work YEARS ago. I hated it. It was a fun trip, but I remember feeling bad for anyone that lived there like permanently.

Anyway, when the weekend arrived I went to Nashville. The two people I was with stayed and went to some NASA Spacey type Rocket Museum:

Likely this place: U.S. Space & Rocket Center

And they said it was cool af. I didn't believe them, but they said it.

If you're there two weeks may be an option - I don't remember it being much of a drive from Huntsville to Nashville.

Going to Nash-vegas is a good time. Going in the height of summer? Hard pass. 97 and ungodly humid everyday?? Yuck.

Going to Nash-vegas is a good time. Going in the height of summer? Hard pass. 97 and ungodly humid everyday?? Yuck.
That’s what the plentiful ice cold beer is for

The venues all have air conditioning and cold whiskey too

Wife and I love Nashville and find ourselves more often indoors listening to music or getting some great grub then we do spending time outside (other than walking a few doors down to the next watering hole)

Maybe we’re just degenerates

Reviving this thread after both Guinness and OttoinGrotto were scheduled to go. I need a vacation in a bad way and my buddy and I have talked about Nashville for years? Recommended hotels? Dos and Don'ts? I'm all ears.
Yes please. My wife is thinking long weekend down that way as well.