This board is fine | Syracusefan.com

This board is fine

Eric15

Living Legend
Given the fact that our fanbase spent the entire off-season more excited than we have been in 20 years, and we were one win away from hosting College Gameday which would have been one of the coolest experiences in the history of the SU campus, and we were completely and utterly humiliated on Saturday in a game that was 41 points worse than the Vegas prediction... I actually think this board has been very reasonable and even-keeled.

I just don't see the rampant negativity that others are seeing. (note: under no circumstances should anyone make big picture observations about the board based on a game thread). *Everyone in a game thread is insane.* Myself included.

Dino is still the guy. Tommy is still the guy. And yes many of our units are worse than we expected.

Let's try to go 8-4, get to and win a bowl game, and finish in the Top 25 again. That would be a very solid season.

I still believe in 9-3 again for this team because of how the schedule is set up. We got better as the year went on last year and I think we'll see it again this year. If we pull off the "impossible" again this weekend we could end up even better, but I don't see 9-3 as out of the realm of possibility. I'm confident in Dino. A lot of people were worried last year after the first half of the season too. We aren't even there yet. I'm not giving up on the season two games into it. Let's go Orange!

Completely agree on both of your posts. Game was a massive disappointment in many ways, nothing wrong with most of the posts I have seen. There's also nothing wrong with wondering if someone is going to be the answer long-term or not, nobody knows the answer to that whether the performance was good/bad. We saw at the beginning of the Shafer period and with some people near the end of it too, that any analysis that wasn't positive was called out as just being negative posters and that is silly. Overall I think the board has been pretty good, especially yesterday and it was only Monday.

I'm still predicting 6 - 7 wins and leaning towards 6 because I just don't know what to think. I will in no way be surprised if we win 8 - 9 but the years of getting excited and convincing myself we were better then most of our conference opponents always ended in disappointment (minus last year). So I'm just feeling cautious to protect my emotional state :)

I was disappointing and it really sucked sitting out in the that heat/sun watching our doors get blown off but I was fairly level headed compared to our Pitt lose last season.
I'm impressed with Maryland and really really hope they crush Penn St.
This game could have been the wake up call we need to get to 9 wins.

I was disappointing and it really sucked sitting out in the that heat/sun watching our doors get blown off but I was fairly level headed compared to our Pitt lose last season.
I'm impressed with Maryland and really really hope they crush Penn St.
This game could have been the wake up call we need to get to 9 wins.

Glass half full, the nice part about being down 42-13 and leaving in disgust at halftime is I only got a mild sunburn instead of a severe one.

Lot of good will built up by Dino and the staff. We also know that a lot of the players are way better than they showed. It def sucked and was weird.

I've been wracking my brain to think of what Dino era game this reminded me of and it hit me today - MTSU/Shafer loss. Weird mental lapses, out of character coaching, etc.

Glass half full, the nice part about being down 42-13 and leaving in disgust at halftime is I only got a mild sunburn instead of a severe one.

You drove there and then left early?

You are correct in that he board is fine. It's the same negative posters (you know who you are) that poison many threads. It seems that they have been joined by a few newcomers that like to offer similar H0T Takes.
Last weekend sucked. There's no doubt about i. But, there is still a lot of football left to be played with many opportunities to improve and win.
I will be arriving in Syracuse on Friday, expecting SU to put up a strong fight Saturday, and who knows, maybe pull off another miracle.

It’s more than being frustrated by a blow out loss. There was plenty of stupidity.

Babers threads/posts less then one year ago.

PAY THE MAN NOW
EXTEND THE MAN NOW
Babers is the savior
Etc

The past few days we questioned EVERYTHING about him as a HC and I mean everything

Questioned his ability to prep a team
Questioned who he chose as assistants
Questioned his game planning
Questioned his play calling
Questioned his recruiting
Questioned who he starts
Questioned who he plays
Questioned his system
Questioned what he eats for breakfast

The board may be fine but I'd still like to see a little more Clemson chatter. This is the only week of the year I get...
Why is there no ice in the drinks at Clemson?
The Senior with the recipe graduated.

Q: What is the difference between a Clemson fan and a baby?
A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.

I think the 10 wins skewed reality a bit for all of us. We earned them all but a couple of bounces or player decisions here or there and that 10 wins could have become 8 pretty quickly. We are heading in the right direction, but last year, IMHO, left us with the impression that we are traveling faster than we are.

I'd like 8 wins this year, but 7 is a number I can live with too. Our margin is too slim to expect more than that.

Questioned who he starts
Questioned who he plays
Questioned his system

But there has to be some reason why we lost by 43 points, and were only able to beat Liberty by three more points than Louisiana-Lafayette did. Doesn't it have to be at least one, or a combination of, the reasons you just listed? I feel like it's not mutually exclusive to love Dino but also try to explain what transpired Saturday.

But there has to be some reason why we lost by 43 points, and were only able to beat Liberty by three more points than Louisiana-Lafayette did. Doesn't it have to be at least one, or a combination of, the reasons you just listed? I feel like it's not mutually exclusive to love Dino but also try to explain what transpired Saturday.

Well many of those don’t just ask what happened Saturday, they question everything a HC is responsible for. Everything.

I drank the cool-aid preseason. The realist in me thought that we might struggle a bit this year but the fan in me was thinking of winning the ACC and possibly getting to the playoff.
It has taken me until today to recalibrate after Saturday's debacle. 7 to 8 wins is doable but wont be easy. I dont see many (if any) gimee games in the ACC slate. We should take care of Louisville and Duke. Wake, BC & NC State are far from guaranteed wins, maybe toss-ups. Florida St - I dont know what to think about them. They should be better but are probably there in the Duke & Louisville column. I'm glad that we dont have NC or Virginia this year.

It’s more than being frustrated by a blow out loss. There was plenty of stupidity.

Babers threads/posts less then one year ago.

PAY THE MAN NOW
EXTEND THE MAN NOW
Babers is the savior
Etc

The past few days we questioned EVERYTHING about him as a HC and I mean everything

Questioned who he starts
Questioned who he plays
Questioned his system

Hopefully there isn't that much overlap between the two groups.

Love to see the crowd at the Dome respond with thunder when the team enters the field and boo like heck when the pussycats come on. The "board" is going to have its ups and downs but when the returning champs and current #1 team comes to the Dome...we have to bring our A game as fans and let these young men that decided to go to Syracuse know we are behind them. Show the casual fan what the Dome is all about.

The board may be fine but I'd still like to see a little more Clemson chatter. This is the only week of the year I get...

It's hard to get too excited for this game. I'm heading up. Excited to see campus and some friends. Bringing the UNC grad I'm dating to Syracuse for the first time. But the game...that might be ugly.

Love to see the crowd at the Dome respond with thunder when the team enters the field and boo like heck when the pussycats come on. The "board" is going to have its ups and downs but when the returning champs and current #1 team comes to the Dome...we have to bring our A game as fans and let these young men that decided to go to Syracuse know we are behind them. Show the casual fan what the Dome is all about.

Get HYPE y’all!!

The louder we are the better. LETS SHOW CLEMSON THE LOUD HOUSE!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom