This board is so predictable and so tiresome | Syracusefan.com

This board is so predictable and so tiresome

GoSU96

Living Legend
The same dopes who virtually disappear when things are going well have nothing better to do then dump on players and the staff after a bump in the road.

Bunch of know nothing know it alls.

The same dopes who virtually disappear when things are going well have nothing better to do then dump on players and the staff after a bump in the road.

I learned a long time ago not to post when I'm pissed off after a tough loss. Honestly, I don't get that pissed after a loss anymore. Must be the old age.

Eh those types of posts are always going to happen when you lose by 40+ to an unranked team. Most of the offseason and summer camp this board has been the opposite with people talking and acting like we were Clemson with some ridiculous predictions. Most of the posts you are referring to are/wereway off base but let's not lose sight of the fact that this team again lost by 40 to an unranked Maryland team with Gameday and a massive national exposure on the table. The fanbase on here is the least of our problems right now.

He should quote posts or cite posters. It just sounds like an “everybody is dumb” type post.

Agree. There are certainly trolls, folks that like to pile on, H0T Takes, etc., but there have been a lot of well-reasoned negative opinions voiced as well. If someone wants to vent, this is where you can go to vent. The mods will get rid of the real drivel. If another poster doesn't like it, use the ignore feature.

Also, I didn't realize Go was Vince Lombardi or Jim Brown or someone whose opinion mattered more than any other poster's?

Haha

Forget "this board" in your thread title, you might have well just said human beings!
And the least you could've done is post examples so I could be pissed at them AND at the 43 point loss! ;)

There is black and white and there is grey in the world. Black and white takes (fire everyone, we won’t win 3 games, we suck again etc) are silly. Grey is fine. As in, yesterday’s effort was awful and we should be a hell of a lot better than that on every level from coaches to players to waterboy. The stakes were high, we took MD lightly( so sayeth Dino) and we got torched. Time to fix things, get serious and play better. That is fair

IMO- it's a message board. people post here to celebrate. to vent. whatever. who cares? as long as there are no 4 letter words or personal attacks, this is a good place to download one way or another rather than be a jerk in real life.

If i find the posts are too negative for me i skip them, leave the thread, or just take a break from the board.

It’s so funny, I opened this thread thinking you were going to complain about people trying to find a way to make a blowout loss sound like we were a couple bad plays away from being in the game.

Imagine if someone predicted this score in the weekly prediction thread:

SU 20
Maryland 63

Think of what the replies to that would be. No clue where I’m going with this but maybe someone can finish this off for me (that’s what she said).

The outrageous optimism and folks thinking Maryland was gonna be a walkthrough never made sense to me all summer. We aren't remotely good enough and haven't been in 20 years to feel overly confident against any P5 team on the road outside of maybe Kansas.

The outrageous optimism and folks thinking Maryland was gonna be a walkthrough never made sense to me all summer. We aren't remotely good enough and haven't been in 20 years to feel overly confident against any P5 team on the road outside of maybe Kansas.
It will be close to impossible to match our turnover margin from last year. Based on that alone I think predictions of 10 wins was a bit of a stretch. I'll be very happy with a bowl game this year.

I do think people have a right to be concerned. SU was pushed around the field by a Maryland team that finished 5-7 last year. Maryland was bigger, faster and more physical. SU was totally outclassed. That generally doesn’t happen to a good football team. That’s a huge problem.

Last edited:
It will be close to impossible to match our turnover margin from last year. Based on that alone I think predictions of 10 wins was a bit of a stretch. I'll be very happy with a bowl game this year.

Turnovers and just how much our special teams dominated were both things that have likely regression baked in. Saw it already with a missed xp in week 1.

I learned a long time ago not to post when I'm pissed off after a tough loss. Honestly, I don't get that pissed after a loss anymore. Must be the old age.
Age, ahem, I mean experience, does have a way of shaping perspective. In the end, college football is just entertainment for most of us. That said, yesterday's game took the wind out of my weekend. A close, hard fought loss would have been disappointing but not as depressing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom