This board should be MUCH more excited... | Syracusefan.com

This board should be MUCH more excited...

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
We have two recruits coming in that we wanted BADLY two years ago. Westry & Starling are studs. And immediately give us a backcourt we can compete with.

I fully expect that we will have a starting center committed in the next month.

At minimum, 3 of our projected starting 5 (JJ, Westry, Benny) are Top 40 recruits. We have had a total of 3 Top 40 recruits in the last 7 recruiting cycles.

2023 - None
2022 - Judah Mintz
2021 - None
2020 - Benny Williams
2018 - Jalen Carey
2017 - None

Not to mention, the bench players of Brown & Bell & Taylor & Copeland & Hima should be vastly improved.

If Mintz comes back, and we find a way to successfully recruit Cisse or Dickinson, I don't think I'm being too hyperbolic by saying it would be our most highly regarded starting 5 since the early 90s. Doesn't equate to success necessarily, but man what a difference from a couple months ago.

We have two recruits coming in that we wanted BADLY two years ago. Westry & Starling are studs. And immediately give us a backcourt we can compete with.

At minimum, 3 of our projected starting 5 (JJ, Westry, Benny) are Top 40 recruits. We have had a total of 3 Top 40 recruits in the last 7 recruiting cycles.

2023 - None
2022 - Judah Mintz
2021 - None
2020 - Benny Williams
2018 - Jalen Carey
2017 - None

Not to mention, the bench players of Brown & Bell & Taylor & Copeland & Hima should be vastly improved.

If Mintz comes back, and we find a way to successfully recruit Cisse or Dickinson, I don't think I'm being too hyperbolic by saying it would be our most highly regarded starting 5 since the early 90s. Doesn't equate to success necessarily, but man what a difference from a couple months ago.
Amazing what the staff can do without handcuffs

2023 - None
2022 - Judah Mintz
2021 - None
2020 - Benny Williams
2018 - Jalen Carey
2017 - None

Was literally lying in bed last night thinking if Judah comes back and we get Dickinson or Cisse, we would have a starting 5 consisting entirely of Top 40 recruits. And we would have Top 100/120 guys off the bench playing their role.

2023 - None
2022 - Judah Mintz
2021 - None
2020 - Benny Williams
2018 - Jalen Carey
2017 - None

I understand your enthusiasm and on the surface it's warranted but IMO, Carey and Williams didn't/ haven't shown top 40 type play. Hopefully JJ and Westry are more like Mintz.

If we land Cisse, a huge if, I would argue no program in the country has UPGRADED its talent level through the portal more than we have.

Again, I will point out that I was never on team Jesse. Nice player, not a difference maker IMO.

And this is also dependent on Judah returning.

JJ, Westry, Cisse >>>> Symir, Joe, Jesse

If we land Cisse, a huge if, I would argue no program in the country has UPGRADED its talent level through the portal more than we have.

Again, I will point out that I was never on team Jesse. Nice player, not a difference maker IMO.

And this is also dependent on Judah returning.

JJ, Westry, Cisse >>>> Symir, Joe, Jesse
I agree - only idea I would offer is "potentially upgraded". JJ and Westry up athleticism but need to be better at basketball and for me that is not proven. I'm hopeful/confident but not ready to declare a winner yet.

2023 - None
2022 - Judah Mintz
2021 - None
2020 - Benny Williams
2018 - Jalen Carey
2017 - None

Where's the fun in that. It's way more fun to complain about losing players from our 2 year 33-32 dynasty that are bitter we didn't pay them more to stay.

Pro Wrestling Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

As much as I hate to say it I like what you all are putting together. You can never go wrong with a stable of athletic, bigger guards. Throw in an athletic or skilled big and you’ll probably be a tournament team. I have no idea what Red’s planning defensively but I think it would be a waste to go exclusively zone with all this length and athleticism on the perimeter. I could see last year’s Arkansas team as a potential template.

I've been a big time fan of Jesse and have been surprised how often some on this board would criticize his play after games. That said, I turned it up a notch this year with my drinking to get through games so my vision, thoughts, decision making, and overall intelligence were quite compromised throughout the season. Therefore, I put more stock into your evaluation than my own. Let's go get Cisse!

Was literally lying in bed last night thinking if Judah comes back and we get Dickinson or Cisse, we would have a starting 5 consisting entirely of Top 40 recruits. And we would have Top 100/120 guys off the bench playing their role.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom