This boards gone crazy | Syracusefan.com

This boards gone crazy

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Reading the board during and after yesterday's game made me feel like this

For a team that lost both coordinator's and a litany of key defensive players, and our workhorse running back, I thought the team showed enough for next year to be excited about.

Allen showed his RB 1 potential.

Our D showed the depth and talent to feel comfortable going into next year.

Yes there are holes and issues. Most teams do have those issues.

Garrett made some poor decisions - nothing has changed. That's who he is. He will win you some and he will lose you some.

Reinforcements are on the way for the OL.

Adams showed flashes that he can contribute at wide out next year. Isaiah Jones returns to the wide out fold.

Yes we still need help and improvement at wide out, but Beck showed yesterday that kids just needed an opportunity. They spread it out and tossed it around.

The field slop contributed to Garrett passing more than taking off.

Our specials are concerning, but again, nothing new from the past two years. Can Denaburg replace Andre? TBD. Can this transfer from SEC fix our punting problems? TBD.

We finished where a majority expected or at best, hoped - against a strong schedule.

Next year should be another bowl year.

Something we haven't seen since Doug.

There is still a lot of off season to play out before next season. Enjoy it, and be optimistic, it's much healthier to do.

Lol most of us didn’t even think we would sniff a bowl game

Then most of us didn’t even think we would be in the game yesterday with all of our opt outs and transfers etc

Got to say I’m proud of the way our team played yesterday. We had chances to win the game and a couple plays the other way were what cost us.

We saw a REALLY young defense handle Minnesota WAY better than expected.

We actually moved the ball decently against arguably a top 10 defense in the nation.

A lot to be proud of with yesterday and a lot of positive momentum going into the offseason.

If anything I would argue Minnesota has far more questions to answer. We played a mistake ridden game in part due to amount of guys missing and a God awful field.

Their second half scoring was a pick 6 and a 25 yard drive after a poor kick coverage.

In the first half they scored on two shorter fields after a failed 4th down conversion and one of many pop Warner level punts.

We gained the second most yards on their top 5 ypg defense all year ( weak schedule or not).

The loss sucks but it's hard to take much negative from it given all the changes that took place in just 6 weeks leading up to this game.

Allen and Bailey shined- giving us an early glimpse at some key pieces for next year with more help coming.

If we won that game with all that transpired, it wouldbe been remarkable….

Shrader’s got to stop with the inexcusable pick sixes… that cost us the game imo… that said, he had a really good year and glad we have him for one more…

If we won that game with all that transpired, it wouldbe been remarkable….

Shrader’s got to stop with the inexcusable pick sixes… that cost us the game imo… that said, he had a really good year and glad we have him for one more…

He has to learn to look off defenders. It’s so obvious where he intends to throw it immediately after the ball is hiked.

He has to learn to look off defenders. It’s so obvious where he intends to throw it immediately after the ball is hiked.

We run the same first play every game to Oronde.. notre dame is the only team who noticed it and got an easy pick six… agree he stares down wrs too much…

Mohamed Ibrahim really impressed me. A big back running through the line reminded me of Csonka's play. Not many schools have a back like that. Do we need to bring back the fullback?

That is hurtful, I can't believe you said that.
giphy.gif

Mohamed Ibrahim really impressed me. A big back running through the line reminded me of Csonka's play. Not many schools have a back like that. Do we need to bring back the fullback?
That was supposed to be Hoeh but the game has been too fast for him. Incredibly mistake prone.

Agreed. I may never jump in a game thread again. It’s just so toxic.

Listen, I love the game thread. Am I irrationally posting on a message board that is likely filled with mostly middle-aged men like myself? Yes. Does it save me money from having to pay for therapy bc I’m letting out my feelings onto my posts? Also yes.

Win, win.

That’s a tough spot to fill. When we had Rhino, our blocking looked a lot different than when we didn’t.

That was supposed to be Hoeh but the game has been too fast for him. Incredibly mistake prone.
They used Villari for that role. They traded beef for skill. Villari played in the slot as well. It will be interesting how he develops there. Hopefully Hoeh can go back to his natural position of blocking slower and less athletic defenders. People were critical of him which was warranted but he played out of position to help fill a role.

Got to say I’m proud of the way our team played yesterday. We had chances to win the game and a couple plays the other way were what cost us.
That's EXACTLY how I came away from the game yesterday. The pick six was really disappointing as it came at a time we were starting to dominate. However, the only two things that really irked me about the game was the field and our punting.

Reading the board during and after yesterday's game made me feel like this

For a team that lost both coordinator's and a litany of key defensive players, and our workhorse running back, I thought the team showed enough for next year to be excited about.

Allen showed his RB 1 potential.

Our D showed the depth and talent to feel comfortable going into next year.

Yes there are holes and issues. Most teams do have those issues.

Garrett made some poor decisions - nothing has changed. That's who he is. He will win you some and he will lose you some.

Reinforcements are on the way for the OL.

Adams showed flashes that he can contribute at wide out next year. Isaiah Jones returns to the wide out fold.

Yes we still need help and improvement at wide out, but Beck showed yesterday that kids just needed an opportunity. They spread it out and tossed it around.

The field slop contributed to Garrett passing more than taking off.

Our specials are concerning, but again, nothing new from the past two years. Can Denaburg replace Andre? TBD. Can this transfer from SEC fix our punting problems? TBD.

We finished where a majority expected or at best, hoped - against a strong schedule.

Next year should be another bowl year.

Something we haven't seen since Doug.

There is still a lot of off season to play out before next season. Enjoy it, and be optimistic, it's much healthier to do.

Team will probably be decent. My pessimism is more big picture. For so many years the goal has been to just make a bowl. “The program just needs to get to a bowl, it would be so cool for these players to get to a bowl, etc.”.

We FINALLY get to a bowl and all the best guys don’t even want to play in it.

What’s the point? The seasons are meaningless.

What’s the point? The seasons are meaningless.
I see it as the opposite. Yeah, the playoff is making the season less critical for 12 teams. But that's really ever been the point. I've been less focused on the bowl because it's so out of rhythm with what makes the season fun - the week after week, the evolution of the team, the guys stepping up, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom