this conf is ridiculous | Syracusefan.com

this conf is ridiculous

I mean, what did everyone expect? It’s not like any of this was a secret.

Not as good as the old BE circa 2011.

Or 2009 Big East which had three #1 seeds and put two teams in the Final Four, 1 seed UConn and 3 seed Nova. Nova knocked out Pitt in the Elite 8. Louisville lost in the Elite 8. Cuse was also a 3 seed (Sweet 16) plus WV and Marquette were both 6 seeds.

It feels like some people here starting following SU in 2014.

Not as good as the old BE circa 2011.

The Big East had a great run from about 2008 until the year of our departure With of course the 2011 peaking. Take out 2011, and I think the ACC has been as good in the period from 2014-now.

In terms of 2011 Big East, I think the 2016 ACC was fairly comparable if you add in tournament success

I think people generally forget the relatively "mild" period of the BE for close to a 15 year period before 2008. There was still some great teams and years (such as 1996), but in that period the ACC was much better.

I dont think the BEast was ever this good at the top. Even in the year they had 3#1 seeds.

In the last 5 years with Duke/UNC/Virginia, I wonder when the last time a conference had 3 teams with such a good run over that period.

The Big East had a great run from about 2008 until the year of our departure With of course the 2011 peaking. Take out 2011, and I think the ACC has been as good in the period from 2014-now.

In terms of 2011 Big East, I think the 2016 ACC was fairly comparable if you add in tournament success

I think people generally forget the relatively "mild" period of the BE for close to a 15 year period before 2008. There was still some great teams and years (such as 1996), but in that period the ACC was much better.

There were also years when the committee was generous to give the ACC a 3rd or 4th bid.

As long as it's only 9:00 here, I might as well stay up for Bill Walton and Oregon.
Let's see who Hop's got.

i woke up last night on the couch after the su game and i'm pretty sure i heard walton quoting some scripture about pharaohs or something. have fun with that.

i woke up last night on the couch after the su game and i'm pretty sure i heard walton quoting some scripture about pharaohs or something. have fun with that.
;)
I'm sure he was super
He's already dropped a couple grateful dead references tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom