This Game Will Be Remembered for Years | Syracusefan.com

This Game Will Be Remembered for Years

anomander

Living Legend
What could have been. That is a program changing win. I knew this team was good enough to go down there and play a close game, but losing down there again because more questionable calls will be something we struggle over for years to come. In 2018 we got screwed with a bogus lineman down field that would have iced the game. Today there were 3 egregious calls that changed the outcome of the game. The clemson offensive lineman actually pushed Cundiff into the QB, which was still a questionable call even after being pushed into him. Then the no call on an even worse hit out of bounds on Shrader. The PI in the end zone. That's called 1 in 10 times. Also, going away from the run in the 2nd half is something i just don't understand. Injured Tucker or not we were gouging them on that RPO for big gains the whole 1st half. Tucker with 5 carries is criminal. It's not that they took him away we just decided not to run. That is what it is. You win that game you break a 37 game home win streak. You put yourself in control not only for the division, but a spot inside the top 10 with all the momentum in the world with gameday coming to Syracuse and a once daunting all a sudden we would have been favored over everyone, but maybe Wake. These guys played their hearts out and i couldn't be prouder, but I'm gutted

What could have been. That is a program changing win. I knew this team was good enough to go down there and play a close game, but losing down there again because more questionable calls will be something we struggle over for years to come. In 2018 we got screwed with a bogus lineman down field that would have iced the game. Today there were 3 egregious calls that changed the outcome of the game. The clemson offensive lineman actually pushed Cundiff into the QB, which was still a questionable call even after being pushed into him. Then the no call on an even worse hit out of bounds on Shafer. The PI in the end zone. That's called 1 in 10 times. Also, going away from the run in the 2nd half is something i just don't understand. Injured Tucker or not we were gouging them on that RPO for big gains the whole 1st half. Tucker with 5 carries is criminal. It's not that they took him away we just decided not to run. That is what it is. You win that game you break a 37 game home win streak. You put yourself in control not only for the division, but a spot inside the top 10 with all the momentum in the world with gameday coming to Syracuse and a once daunting all a sudden we would have been favored over everyone, but maybe Wake. These guys played their hearts out and i couldn't be prouder, but I'm gutted
Loser’s mentality. This game will be remembered, no question. It will be remembered because it will keep us motivated the rest of this season and beyond.

This is the beginning…

Huh? I'm saying it will be remembered because we should have won.
Unless I misinterpreted, it sounded like you were suggesting this loss will haunt the program for years to come.

A real rivalry has been building for a long time and I think it’s official now. Clemson is a real rival for us. Not Pitt, Clemson.
Its not a rivalry when they beat us every year and we only have beaten them once (not going back 20 or 30 years either). Taking recent times since we joined the ACC.

It's hardly a rivalry. "Hanging around" and "keeping it close" doesn't start a rivalry.

Its not a rivalry when they beat us every year and we only have beaten them once (not going back 20 or 30 years either). Taking recent times since we joined the ACC.

It's hardly a rivalry. "Hanging around" and "keeping it close" doesn't start a rivalry.
Tell that to the Red Sox for virtually the entire 20th century.

Unless I misinterpreted, it sounded like you were suggesting this loss will haunt the program for years to come.
The program will be fine. It's going to haunt me for years, and would have helped the program tremendously in the short-term. My major problem was with the officiating.

What could have been. That is a program changing win. I knew this team was good enough to go down there and play a close game, but losing down there again because more questionable calls will be something we struggle over for years to come. In 2018 we got screwed with a bogus lineman down field that would have iced the game. Today there were 3 egregious calls that changed the outcome of the game. The clemson offensive lineman actually pushed Cundiff into the QB, which was still a questionable call even after being pushed into him. Then the no call on an even worse hit out of bounds on Shrader. The PI in the end zone. That's called 1 in 10 times. Also, going away from the run in the 2nd half is something i just don't understand. Injured Tucker or not we were gouging them on that RPO for big gains the whole 1st half. Tucker with 5 carries is criminal. It's not that they took him away we just decided not to run. That is what it is. You win that game you break a 37 game home win streak. You put yourself in control not only for the division, but a spot inside the top 10 with all the momentum in the world with gameday coming to Syracuse and a once daunting all a sudden we would have been favored over everyone, but maybe Wake. These guys played their hearts out and i couldn't be prouder, but I'm gutted
Exactly this… I can’t fathom how some people took it as a moral victory and moved on so quick

That endzone PI was absolute bs. That is never called. Ever. Thats the one I had a major issue with.
Especially when he was watching the ball from the 10 yard line all the way to the end zone and no force in his right hand on his shoulder at all. That was a Chuck it scenario and I almost feel like Clemson ran that play not to score, but to pressure the refs into make a late call that they probably knew they would get

It’s Miami 92 2.0

It’ll be remembered forever.
I still say it’s not a good comparison. We were limping to the finish line at Clemson, coaching on offense with our tail tucked between our legs. That Miami 2nd half we were running it down their throat, confidence growing as we were starting to wear them down. Saturdays game was the opposite.

That’s our curse that now 2 times in 4 years we have been divisioned out of a chance for the chip because we blew a game in Death Valley
Only if wake beat them and then we beat wake ahhhhh!

Only if wake beat them and then we beat wake ahhhhh!
Wake scares me big time. People are talking about 11-1 but wake is ranked higher and for whatever reason gets zero media attention. Should’ve beat clemson but choked it away as we did, and it’s a home game for then

When we play at Clemson and get the ref with the southern accent it really really puts thoughts in my head
We lost the game in the second half. Can’t expect refs to propel us ever esp in the south

We sound ridiculous complaining about the refs. We lost. Let’s win out

Especially when he was watching the ball from the 10 yard line all the way to the end zone and no force in his right hand on his shoulder at all. That was a Chuck it scenario and I almost feel like Clemson ran that play not to score, but to pressure the refs into make a late call that they probably knew they would get
Thats exactly what they did. There was no scoring there, their receivers were getting manhandled most of the game

We lost the game in the second half. Can’t expect refs to propel us ever esp in the south

We sound ridiculous complaining about the refs. We lost. Let’s win out
It was a lot of things, bad reffing included. The team deserved good and fair reffing.

I don't mind spreading the blame around.

It was a lot of things, bad reffing included. The team deserved good and fair reffing.

I don't mind spreading the blame around.
Right. Im not a big blame the ref guy but we cant totally ignore that it impacts the game. When we talk about the game, we talk about all aspects. I just dont think it impacts the game as much some others think. If you play well enough you leave it out of the refs hands to make a game swinging call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom